What do you think of this system.

lil layzie

Gawd
I just placed my order for a AMD64 3400+. Hopefully it's a Clawhammer CG.

I plan on getting the DFI Lanparty UT nF3 250Gb Motherboard

and a gig of OCZ DDR PC-3500 Platinum Enhanced Bandwidth Dual Channel Memory or 2x512mb sticks of OCZ DDR PC-3500 Platinum Enhanced Bandwidth Memory. Depending on which is cheaper.

So how does my future system look? I plan on reusing some of the parts in my old system (in sig) in case your wondering.

What I mainly want to do with my system is play games. I do plan to OC a little but not right away so that's why I'm going with the pc-3500 to give it a little headroom for future OCing.

A few questions.

1. Since I'm not OCing right away, will I have problems running the ram at a lower rated speed?
2. Does anyone know where to get the ram I listed? I can't seem to find any at NewEgg.
3. Should I get pc3200 instead or go with pc3500 since I will be OCing in the near future?
4. Do you think I'll make it to atleast 2.5ghz on stock air?

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I'm open for any suggestions and comments. So please do so. This is my first system that I'm going to be building and I want it to be perfect. :D

I will tell you, and I know about 50% of the people here may agree -- to stay away from OCZ. I have had personal bad experiences with the product, their customer service seems to be lacking, and of course there was that whole lying/cheating/stealing scandal from way back.

I would go with some Corsair XMS, Geil, or heck, Crucial.

Otherwise, looks good so far - not familiar with the mobo personally but heard good things.

AR said:
I will tell you, and I know about 50% of the people here may agree -- to stay away from OCZ. I have had personal bad experiences with the product, their customer service seems to be lacking, and of course there was that whole lying/cheating/stealing scandal from way back.

I would go with some Corsair XMS, Geil, or heck, Crucial.

Otherwise, looks good so far - not familiar with the mobo personally but heard good things.
I will take that into consideration. Thanks for the tip. How about the Crucial Ballistix series?

Back