What is Asus G51vx-x2a battery time in non game play?

TommyT

Weaksauce
Anyone know what the battery time is for the Asus G51vx-x2a when just surfing the web, running office apps or watching movies?

Tom

Guess I could post some power demanding specs for the Asus G51vx-x2a : Intel Core 2 Duo T9600 2.8Ghz, 4GB ram, 15.6" screen at 1920 x 1080, NVIDIA GTX 260M, 320 GB 7200rpm drive, 6-cell lithium ion battery.

Tom

I'd be interested in knowing some battery life figures as well... Was looking at this model on Newegg and it looks like it fits what I'm looking for in a 15" laptop with a good bit of grunt.

With only a 6-cell battery though, the odds are it's not going to last much more than 2 hours...

Too bad they don't have this exact model at Xoticpc. They have the A1 model with the Q9000 2ghz and you can buy an optional extra 9-cell battery for it, but I'd rather have a higher clocked C2D over a 2ghz C2Q...

Actually they give you the option of switching the Q9000 out for a different cpu, but the amount they charge for doing so is outrageous. $368 to replace the Q9000 with a T9600? No way...

I guess you could just get the Newegg model and then get a 9-cell battery on e-bay...

Last edited:
Just ordered one of these from Newegg myself. Should come in Monday, will post some real life battery times once get chance to test.

Couldn't pass up a 15" with 1080p resolution and those specs for 1499.

Using Power4Gear's entertainment mode, listening to music with the screen off nets me just under 2 hours.

=X

(you don't wanna know how long the battery lasts playing DiRT with settings maxed :D)

I'm looking at this model and the X1A model right now....now that BB had to jack up the prices on their G71 an extra $150... Looking at the specs at newegg the X2A doesn't list an ethernet port...just wireless. I'm assuming that it does in fact have an ethernet port, but can anyone confirm this please?

Back