What is BEST mousepad for MX1000

el rolio

2[H]4U
hey guys, i have a logitech MX 1000 (which isnt supported on the logitech site anymore :() and used ot use half a DKT pad. recently i noticed the sensitivity to be weird, or noticed it more than usual, decided to go straight to mousing on hte desk and voila! no more issues.

so i know that there are certain pads that are better than otehrs for laser mice like the MX 1000. can you guys reccomend some?

note well: i will NOT buy a plastic hard pad like the ratpadz. i hate those, so preferably its cloth or so and have a decent size but not hte oversized ones.

i know there is knowledge about this out there so hopefully someone can chime in.

Have you tried a Func surface? I've used one with my Mx1000 and I like it a lot. I had an old ratpadz before and I wasn't completely happy with it. It was too thick and it seemed to chew the feet off my mice way too fast. I haven't used the newer ratpadz, so I can't say if this has changed or not.

The func surface is thin, soft, rubber and works well with a laser mouse. It is also double sided, so you can choose to use the smooth side or the side with a slight bit of texture, depending on your preference. The only problem I have with my func surface 1030 is that I wish it were bigger, but they now make them in larger sizes, so I'll probably upgrade soon.

func is EXACTLY what i was thinking about. especially since its thinner and also cuz it has 2 sides.

i could go on to describe the weirdness and twitchyness of the mouse on certain pads, but i am sure you all know. i mostly noticed it when co workers would not want to "drive" on my computer when we were all lookin at my screen cuz apparently it was too twitchy for them, then as i thought baout it more i realised even tho i could handle it, it was like when you get down to trying to X a window, the mouse would move a lot around that lil square or circle without much movement if it all on the surface.

i'll see if any more comments to confirm these kinds of "mx specific pads" come out. ima look into the func tho

Been using the MX1000 w/ a FUNC 1030 since the MX was released. I love it. I just replace some Teflon tape on the bottom occasionally, and I keep the FUNC clean. Actually, I have 2 of the 1030's. One is used by my MX1000, the other by my older MX700. Works great.

yep, having a hard time finding a 1030 in stock. seems like they got replaced by the larger F-10 and F-30's each in the 11x14 and 11x17 sizes.

still looking about.

oh SNAP. kyle. posted. in my thread!

i assumed ratpadz was the hard plastic thing? i was looking for cloth? ima click the link JUST CUZ you posted here!

yea so, ratpadz = hard :(

i DID receive in the mail, a proposed stop-gap measure: mouse skates. so i put them lil teflon ovals on my mx1000. definately smooth. like say my mouse was 92% smooth before, now its the full 100%.

still makes noise tho. just the natural sliding-across-the-wooden-desktop noise. thats where a nice thin cloth type mousepad would come in handy. a hardsurface mousepad is no use to me since its the same effect as my desk, essentially.

I prefer the super pad from Fry's Electronics. It's only a couple of bucks and works beautifully with my MX1000

el rolio said:
yea so, ratpadz = hard :(

i DID receive in the mail, a proposed stop-gap measure: mouse skates. so i put them lil teflon ovals on my mx1000. definately smooth. like say my mouse was 92% smooth before, now its the full 100%.

still makes noise tho. just the natural sliding-across-the-wooden-desktop noise. thats where a nice thin cloth type mousepad would come in handy. a hardsurface mousepad is no use to me since its the same effect as my desk, essentially.

My Ratpadz XT cannot be heard when mousing. Sometimes it is the mouse amplifying the vibrations. I use Logitech cordless mice with no sound issues.

An old Ratpadz trick for those wanting it to be as slick as it could be was to wipe it down with Pledge furniture polish. It makes it wicked crazy slick. :) Too slick for some.

And also we are working on a hard pad that will be durable but feels like a cloth pad. Still doing some R&D on it. Downside is that it would be very expesive and can feel a bit rough on your hand. I dont know if it will ever make it to market or not.

Kyle,

What's the word on these things wearing out like the old RatPadzGS ???? Mine is all worn down in the middle...... Been too lazy to get a replacement. I figured sooner or later that "problem" would be fixed. So, has it?

Scroatdog said:
Kyle,

What's the word on these things wearing out like the old RatPadzGS ???? Mine is all worn down in the middle...... Been too lazy to get a replacement. I figured sooner or later that "problem" would be fixed. So, has it?

You will no longer have that issue. THis XT is going to deliver its money's worth to you.

Kil4Thril said:
Yo, chief. That is something I know I would be quite interested in trying. I'm sure you have a blue-million testers, but put me down for an early adoption if you can create these.

Where do you live? And are you a cloth onoy guy? Get bacm to me on that via email. at [email protected]

So far, of all the mousepads I've ever used, two stand out from the rest. also, conviently one is cloth and one is hard.

[H]ard: Ratpadz GS
oft: XTrac Ripper

MX 1000 here.

yea, i dont need it to be any more SLICK than i have my mousing now, i just want cloth, that works well with the mx1000.

ps:ive learnt a bunch from this thread already wheeeeeeeeeeee. ima look up that one you jsut spoke about b.

and kyle, shoot, i know your quality of pad, but one that makes me feel all warm fuzzy and CLOTHy? i say :O to that!

Just remember to get either the XL, or the XXL. The XL is about 11x17, the XXL is about 36 x 18.

The standard is normal sized. Bleh.

I have an MX1000 and I use the Func 1030 Archetype. Great pad and it's only around $35.00.

folks talkin about hte xtrax or whatever. looks nice n stuff.

dunno if i want as big as 11x17, maybe 10x14 or so might be better for me and my ocd

I have the Ratpadz XT with my MX1000, and it is only $25 shipped Priorty Mail. Get the Ratpadz XT. :) Besides, when was the last time that Func helped you out on hardware choices or built you a kickass forum? ;) If you dont like it, I will give you your money back and pay for return shipping.

ohhhh kyle! how about this, a ratpadz with a free toss in genmay re-up subscription

looo yea i like that. see, g33zy bought me my first subscription for xmas last year, so it should be running out anytime soon, so ifi buy another.... will kyle giftwrap a mousepad for me? big ass red bow, like in them lexus ads, and ship it so its here to keep me warm when i get back fro xmas trip? hinthinthinthinthint

Back