What is the best book to learn A+?

Bootleg Loowe

Weaksauce
What is the best book to learn A+? I went to a local Borders to look at what books are good, and I found two that I liked.

http://www.amazon.com/Certification...ef=sr_1_6/002-3763621-9723203?ie=UTF8&s=books
http://www.amazon.com/Certification...=pd_bbs_3/002-3763621-9723203?ie=UTF8&s=books

http://www.amazon.com/CompTIA-Compl...&s=books&s9r=8afd079f0e411b57010e5c5ff83700e2
http://www.amazon.com/CompTIA-+-Com...&s=books&s9r=8afd079f0e411b57010e5c61494c00e3

The first two are the same book, but one is fourth edition, and the other doesn't say an edition, but Amazon says the fourth edition one was made a year earlier then the one without an edition. :confused: The fourth edition one is also more expensive.

The last two are just regular study guides, but one is Deluxe and one is regular. Which book should i get? :(

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
While its been 5+ years since I took and passed my A+, I used and would recommend Michael Meyers. The book wasn't just a study guide and provided good real world situations and how to resolve them.

I don't think the test material has changed much in the last year so the edition probably isn't super important.

While its been 5+ years since I took and passed my A+, I used and would recommend Michael Meyers. The book wasn't just a study guide and provided good real world situations and how to resolve them.

I don't think the test material has changed much in the last year so the edition probably isn't super important.

I like the Michael Meyers also because it shows pictures explaining everything, which would give you some sort of experience. Then I would have an easier time around if I find a job with a local computer repair shop during high school.

Why is the 4th edition written a year before the one without an edition? :confused:

The 4th edition was written in 2002 and the one without an edition was written in 2002. The other two were written in 2006.

Why do you want to take the A+ exam? People with that certification are a dime a dozen. I pretty much equate its worth to garbage (well, for employment anyways, unless you are doing the computer diagnostics at Best Buy or Circuit City, but for the real world, it does not really matter). And yes, I hold the MCSA and MCSE as worthless as A+ ;) Everyone has them, it may get your foot in the door, but what good does it really do? I have heard several people say they know people with their MCSE and do not know how to run a network! :eek:

But, back to the topic at hand. When I took the A+ class, I used the Meyers book too.

Why do you want to take the A+ exam? People with that certification are a dime a dozen. I pretty much equate its worth to garbage (well, for employment anyways, unless you are doing the computer diagnostics at Best Buy or Circuit City, but for the real world, it does not really matter). And yes, I hold the MCSA and MCSE as worthless as A+ ;) Everyone has them, it may get your foot in the door, but what good does it really do? I have heard several people say they know people with their MCSE and do not know how to run a network! :eek:

But, back to the topic at hand. When I took the A+ class, I used the Meyers book too.

Great job on the discouraging post. Although A+ is not worth as much as it used to be, A+ is still better than no A+ is most situations. As you said, it gets you a foot in the door - that's exactly what good it does and that's not to be underestimated.

Great job on the discouraging post. Although A+ is not worth as much as it used to be, A+ is still better than no A+ is most situations. As you said, it gets you a foot in the door - that's exactly what good it does and that's not to be underestimated.

Glad to be of disservice :p

Well those people must be as worthless as the people they know. Everybody always knows somebody who does this or that. I want to get the A+ for the information, hence I am going to read the book from cover to cover, even though I know most of it, not for the certification. If I wanted the A+ for the certification I would just take the test right now and be happy with a passing score, but I'm not a moron. I don't know how his post is discouraging, it's just spam.

I had the Exam Cram book, but also read through a friends Microsoft A+ book and it was very good as well. I took my A+ about 6 years ago so I don't know how they are now, but worth flipping through at your local book store.

Oh, I already went and bought my book today after some classes and skateboarding a bit. I got the golden one, but the 6th, newest edition. I guess the internet or Amazon is outdated.

Well those people must be as worthless as the people they know. Everybody always knows somebody who does this or that. I want to get the A+ for the information, hence I am going to read the book from cover to cover, even though I know most of it, not for the certification. If I wanted the A+ for the certification I would just take the test right now and be happy with a passing score, but I'm not a moron. I don't know how his post is discouraging, it's just spam.

Ya, glad I could be of help noob :rolleyes:

Sorry for my rant, I just had to get it off my chest.

Main Entry: village idiot
Part of Speech: n
Definition: a stupid or ignorant person well known for low intelligence in their village or town

You make me laugh :D .

yeah i took that and passed maybe 6 years ago..its still nice to have to pad that resume. It would also be good to get some experience. Go for it, reach for the stars. Don't listen to those haters.

Back