Votes: 1 0.2%
  • The Witcher EE

Votes: 28 5.8%
  • Mass Effect

Votes: 38 7.9%
  • Other

Votes: 70 14.6%

• Total voters
But I do not want to vote other. I want to vote LOTRO, hehe.

Seriously, it is a very biased poll you have there.

Maybe set one up for MMO games instead? :p I didn't try to be biased. But you aren't going please everyone with only 10 options in a poll.

COD:Waw, and l4d in second place. I haven't played fallout 3 so I can't comment on that game.

hmm... hard to believe that's all that came out this year in the way of pc action titles... i can't think of any more tho... guess the year was a bit more sparse than i was thinking.

FO3 gets my vote by a hair, with FC2 and Crysis:Warhead tying for close seconds, and L4D along with GTA4 (i'm enjoying it, dispite the occasional crash) in third.

I still really want to try Dead Space for pc, but waiting for it to go super-cheap, since I'm pretty sure the conrolls will kill it for me. And based on this thread, i may have to check out mass effect some time down the road.

I'll say Mass Effect. I really loved the story and it had me engaged the whole way through. One of the few games that didn't seem like a chore to finish and was sad when it came to an end. Hopefully there will be a sequel!

I'm surpised Crysis Warhead made it up and not Spore.

Booya, I said it. :)

Of the ones I've played, probably FO3.

Sins of a Solar Empire should have definitely been on the list. GTA4, GRID, and World of Goo should have also been on there.

Another vote for FO3 here. I loved Warhead too so it was a tough choice. I've never played ME, but seeing all the nods it's getting, I think I shall give it a try.

Fallout 3, Left 4 Dead and Team Fortress 2.

I like these three games the most. :cool:

FO3 is my GOTY

Wow i spent about 4 mins thinking of what game is my goty and i really dont know, only game im still playing and enjoying is crysis and warhead, I guess thats it, Fallout 3 i uninstalled after i finished it, same with every game :confused:

:confused:
How on earth is anyone, let alone ten people as of this minute, voting for FC2 as GOTY?

:confused:
How on earth is anyone, let alone ten people as of this minute, voting for FC2 as GOTY?

It was a fun game, especially for people (like me) who don't mind wandering around for hours on end soaking up some amazing scenery. Had the best feel to the gun-play of any new title since probably HL2. And surprisingly, as far as sandbox games this year have gone, it was a good bit less buggy than GTA4 and even FO3 for me.

I am going to vote for Mass Effect. This is probably the only game this year that had me glued to the computer any opportunity I had. IMHO the most fun I had in a RPG since KOTOR. Which is one of my all time favorites. The plot was fun to follow. The voice acting was top notch. Graphics were superb. My only gripe was the side quests felt tacked on.

Honorable mentions go to Crysis Warhead and GRID.

Left4Dead for sure. I keep feeling like I am bored with it because I have beat each level several times, but every night I spend an hour killin zombies.

voted "Other"......

GTA-IV lol

(don't kill me. lol)

(but I haven't played any of those games listed, so my opinion may not be valid here...)

Left 4 Dead--though I have to admit I was a tad disappointed with the number of "levels." Don't get me wrong though, it's good and has great replay-ability.

Left 4 Dead--though I have to admit I was a tad disappointed with the number of "levels." Don't get me wrong though, it's good and has great replay-ability.

I could see a Valve made 5th movie become available for it at some point. I am also sure we will see a high quality community movie or two b4 long as well.

2008 has been an utterly forgettable year in gaming. As good as Left4Dead is, it is just a sideshow for Valve. I don't even think it is worth parsing through this years games.

There are years that I will always remember as being great for gaming--sometimes it comes down to one great release. This is not one of them. Most of the games I bought this year I uninstalled and that is really uncommon for me.

I voted S.T.A.L.K.E.R - Clear Sky. Am I allowed to vote in my own poll? ;)

There is something very special about the Zone. The atmosphere, weapon upgrades, the artifact hunting and sheer toughness/challenge of the game. Loved every minute of it.

Clear Sky was one of the few games I played when I got home from work, even though I'm normally tired. Sign of a great game - addiction!

It wasn't an easy decision as Dead Space, The Witcher EE and Fallout 3 were also outstanding this year.

FO3 and MassEffect were just freakin' awesome. FC2 was awesome too, just too dang repetitive. Still loved it tho. Warhead was great, but short and played like crap as usual.

I saw a lot of people mentioning Crysis Warhead...
Was that game really good?
I didn't even try it since I didn't enjoy Crysis...
What made Warhead so fun that Crysis was lacking?

I saw a lot of people mentioning Crysis Warhead...
Was that game really good?
I didn't even try it since I didn't enjoy Crysis...
What made Warhead so fun that Crysis was lacking?

Warhead is a little faster paced, but still very similar to the original. Framerates were a tad smoother for me too (although many say it hasn't improved at all)

If you didn't like Crysis you probably won't like Warhead either.

I actually thought the original was superior!

I was torn between Fallout 3 and Clear Sky, but the vote went to the latter because Fallout 3 just hasn't made me feel as involved as CS did, even though I've put more time in.

Back