What is your prefered OS?

WIndows 8 Pro on all my computers as primary. Windows 7 Pro, Windows XP Pro and Home as well as Linux Mint in Virtual machines ran by Virtual Box.

After so many years jumping around, Arch Linux is the best thing I've ever used.

My favourite operating system is tinycore/microcore. Perfect to make little toolcd's with it.

For what? My home system, a general purpose workstation? Windows7. For file server, web, mysql,dns, dhcp, ect...linux. For MSSQL/AD, windows 2008.

All the computers in my household is running Windows 7 and one is running Windows 98 and Windows XP.

I prefer Windows 7 x64, its the best.

Windows 8 64-bit pro. It is fast fast fast, and nothing annoys me in computers more than slowness(Just install any start menu program and you will be good to go). I also used Mac OS and many linux distributions. Linux fedora is great, and I think if I totally switch to linux, I'll like it more than windows.

Windows 7 x86 (32bit) for gaming.
Arch Linux x86 (32bit) for working.

I only have an old P4 Processor with no x64 and no PAE.

Using Windows 2012 Server Standard, converted to workstation so it's virtually the same as Windows 8. Only reason I'm not using Windows 8, is because I want ReFS, and found the hacks to add ReFS to Windows 8 unstable.

Windows 3.1 lol. j/k

I have win 7 pro 64 all around and virtualize Ubuntu, Mint Chocolate and Win XP (for old but functional software).

Oh, I forgot WHS2011.

For work, OS X. For play, any recent variety of Windows. Both 7 and 8 are fine.

After so many years jumping around, Arch Linux is the best thing I've ever used.
What in particular do you like about Arch that isn't available in/a part of other distributions?

FreeBSD.org...
I ran Dos > msdos > pcdos > windows98
Then, dual booted between the latter and FreeBSD v5.x (2004) (Needed drivers for the
USB stuff...)
Tried, and quit, categorzing the windows start links to something manageable (Shareware companies names correlated to the actual programs...)... daily BSOD persisted.
v5 > v6 > v7 > v8 > v9 (presently)
I've tested DSL live cd (linux), and have arch linux installed on one disk, operating fully but
not presently used. If I were to upgrade it, it would take a whole bunch of effort as changes to
the infrastructure there make it a not-trivial process, and too much new stuff to learn within the
past half year.
FreeBSD has changes I'm not looking forward to v9 > v10, but I've ideas of workarounds in
place to remedy those, if need be.
Persons wishing to test FreeBSD may wish to download and install on a fresh hard disk the
ghostbsd.org distribution (lxde maybe?), answering all questions from the usb thumbdrive
fully. YMMV, there are gotchas but the end result may be worth it if one has the time...
(A Freebsd install, as it were...)
So it is recommendable in many instances (Not all, as it takes a bit of time... and a
bit of a learning curve.)

I currently use Windows 7, iOS 6.1, OS X Mountain Lion and occasionally Ubuntu 12.10. Out of those, I probably would rank Ubuntu lowest, by far. I just don't see how I could possibly use it day to day as a primary OS. Compared to iOS, which is quite a nice mobile OS despite the limits of devices which run it, I just can't think of redeeming features that would draw me to use Ubuntu or any other free version of Linux.

Short answer: Windows 7 preferred easily, although I wouldn't mind OS X 10.7/10.8 either.

OSX. Currently using Mountain Lion, pretty happy with it. I've been using OSX since 2008 with Leopard.

Before that I used Windows for over a decade. I still have Windows 7 on a VM, but I don't use it very often. It was mostly to play some games, but unfortunately the games themselves are too buggy (not the fault of Windows or the VM... literally the game itself). Maybe someday Planescape Torment won't crash constantly.

Home: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Work: Windows 7 Professional 64bit

I'm about to switch to Linux at home though.

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, tried Windows 8 but didn't like it; I don't have a touchscreen and it feels like that's a requirement.

7 Pro x64
Used to use Ultimate, downgraded to Pro. No reason for me to keep Ultimate over Pro.

Win8 pro on 4 comps .. Win7 on one and Ubuntu on one ..all 64bit. Smoothwall on an atom setup for my firewall

Windows 7 for all my machines. Ive used OSX and Linux, but I find my self gravitating back to Windows. Probably because Ive always used Windows since 95.

Linux, don't really care which version so long as it isn't something like linspire.

My 2 main computers run Windows 8 Pro x64, really like (would call my preferred OS). Most of my other machines are either running Win 7 Ultimate, Pro or if they are minor systems Home Premium x64. I still have one Notebook running Windows XP Pro (came with Home) and I'm considering downgrading one of my Acer Ones to 32-bit since one of the drivers seems to be missing for 64-bit (also came with XP Home), my other Acer One came with Linux (ordered it from Taiwan), but that is having no issues with Windows 7 Home Premium x64.

Windows 7 x86 (32bit) for gaming.
Arch Linux x86 (32bit) for working.

I only have an old P4 Processor with no x64 and no PAE.

I am mostly an Arch Linux user. I virtualize Windows 8 for games.

Linux, don't really care which version so long as it isn't something like linspire.

I'm with these cool ass motherfuckers. Arch for work and play, do have a Xubuntu install kicking around and have an XP VM for testing the odd program for a client.

Me and my husband prefer Vista Business, used it a lot actually but now we use and recommend Windows 8 to friends and customers.

Windows 7 64-bit, iOS 6, and OS X 10.8 with a bit of Ubuntu 12.10 on the side. Honestly, if OS X had more games I'd drop Windows.

Back