What next in War Games?

mlapgw

Gawd
My brother and I are older gamers (40 and 50).
I built a new gaming machine for my brother last week and I am still gaming on the one I put together a while back ago with the help of this forum.

We are playing BF2 right now and have recently started renting a server since that seems to increase our enjoymnet of the game.

We like BF2's style of play, the size of the maps are nice, and we love all of the vehicles you can jump into.
We would like to play something a little newer with better graphics and less cheaters.
So we tried:
BF2142 - too futuristic we want something set in the current time frame for realism

Crysis- We really liked the trees and buildings being part of what we could destroy. This added more realism. Then you got to the monsters and we put the game down. We just want to kill people no monsters. The suit was a cool thing but would really would prefer to be normal soldiers without any bionic capability,

COD4-We really liked this game for a month and then went back to BF2 and haven't played since. The graphics were really nice, I love the map with the rain. We also liked being able to shoot through walls. We hated how small the maps were. We hated the spawn killing. We really really wanted some planes, choppers, jeeps, and tanks to jump into.

Our dream game? A mixture of the above three would be nice. We are looking for a game with large maps, vehicles air, land, and sea, buildings that you can blow up (it would be neat if they stayed blown up through the whole game), trees that fall down when shot, tires that go flat when shot, great graphics, set in modern times, and no monsters or bionic soldiers.

Is there something like this already out there for us to try? If not is there something coming soon we should be watching for?

Armed Assault? It's not that graphically amazing, but it's modern warfare and reasonably realistic.

Hopefully Operation Flashpoint 2 should fit your bill. However it isn't due out until the end of the year.

I really want something on the scale of Joint Operations to come out. 150 player servers, vehicles, large maps, I had a blast playing it.

Ok we'll give Armed Assault a whirl.

Operation Flashpoint 2 could be good. I tried to find a trailer but only found a short clip with one tank getting blown up. I'll keep my eye out for this one.

no release date yet, last i heard they keep saying fall 08, but nothing has really surfaced. I would expect it spring to summer of 09 realisticly. I hope I'm wrong as I'm still playing BF2 and waiting.

Yeah no bf3 stuff yet =( I am hopping we will get a trailer at E3 this year but who knows. I also heard about a fall 08 launch but that most likely won't happen so bf3 most likely won't be hear until spring 09 or so like bigbadgreen was saying.

Yeah doubt BF3 going to launch it this fall. If it was this fall, EA would be hyping the crap out of it right now. Or less once Bad Company launches next week, they are going to focus there attention to BF3.

Ground Branch FTW....become a member and read the newsletters...many games devs nowadays, claim to have recruited military personnels to assist in building the game, but few actually have documented SOF/Green Beret assisting them.

In the beginning of the development, a wishlist was made, not on what are wanted on a tactical FPS, BUT what are NOT WANTED.
---bunny hopping
---unable to jump small obstacle
---rail/linear gameplay
and it was a long list.

This game is not built around a best-selling author or a well establish game publisher but around a gaming community.

BFS's mantra goes:
"Do not build your community around a game.... Build your game around a community"

Since they are old skool-folks they know the value of modders who can make or brake the longevity of a game; and dedication to make a game long missed by Tactical Gaming Community.

Read & join them, tell them Cpl_Led sent you :D

Im pretty sure Bad Company is for console only. Red Orchestra has vehicles but the gameplay when not in a vehicle is a bit slower paced. Only tanks and i think there is halftracks. Most of the shooters that i can think of dont have any vehilces in multi. Cod united offensive had tanks but thats way old now. Try the quake wars demo, if you have not already, its like battlefield vs the Terminators kinda.Might be too future type for ya though.

I really want something on the scale of Joint Operations to come out. 150 player servers, vehicles, large maps, I had a blast playing it.

Amen Brother, I believe Joint Op's was hands down the best online team shooter with vehicles ever made. Even BattleField2 didn't come close to that real war game feel JO did. Lets see a Joint Op's 2 on like the id Tech 5 engine :cool:

Back