What was the best deal EVER youve seen here?

14" lcd for 99AR

even though my rebates were rejected i only paid 150 each for 2 14"lcds that are pretty decent!

free packaging tape :p

actually, the $50 windows xp pro with baseball stuffs.

Originally posted by _Sin_
14" lcd for 99AR

even though my rebates were rejected i only paid 150 each for 2 14"lcds that are pretty decent!

DAMN looks like I missed that

Originally posted by _Sin_
14" lcd for 99AR

That was at BB this last Black Friday sale. I stupidly delayed until they were sold out. I saw the display model and i must say it compared very favorably to the top models. Why on earth didn't they honor the rebates?

I can think of at least 10 contenders for the "best deal" award so please don't ask me :p

Originally posted by laserdemon
Free microsoft office 2003 pro.

Originally posted by Rakinos
...the $50 windows xp pro with baseball stuffs.

Got in on both of those and I must say that those were the big ticket items I have enjoyed I also got a 40G WD drive for $25 after PM and rebate about 18 mos. ago but I'm still waiting on the $60 MIR for the 80G WD from OD... :mad:

Buy two NEC Multisync 97F monitors and get paid, what was it, $25?

I only got one. :( :D

scanner from staples. dont even know what brand or anything about, used it once maybe in the last year or so. they payed me 20 or 40 bucks for it though. thats all that mattered. hehe

The Dell screw up on the Western Digital 200gig 8MB cache IDE hard drive that was $225 less $200 rebate, which I received, so 200gigs for $25 wins it for me.

Last year I got a Dell 2350 with a 2ghz celeron and an 1800fp LCD for $600 shipped. Not too shabby.

Originally posted by cnealjr
The Dell screw up on the Western Digital 200gig 8MB cache IDE hard drive that was $225 less $200 rebate, which I received, so 200gigs for $25 wins it for me.

That was the best deal I've seen here. I foolishly waited until morning (I was really tired) and the deal was gone. From that day on, I have strived to buy RIGHT NOW if the deal is worth it. :D

The Best Deals that I have gotten are:

BB Black Friday Toshiba Laptop for $499 AR

3 Copies of Microsoft XP Home For $82 bucks out the door from K-Mart.

160gig Maxtor HD for $29 bucks AR (still waiting for it)

I missed the $10 Abit mb the other day... I think it was right during the server update... Man, Everything went good but when it was giving me the on-screen completing order it hung up... GRRRR.

Black Friday at Best Buy 2-3 years ago. I bought $750 of stuff before all the rebates and after it was $250 (well $360, one of my 2 $110 rebates didn't come back :mad: )

Originally posted by NOTD665
Buy two NEC Multisync 97F monitors and get paid, what was it, $25?

I only got one. :( :D

Ditto.

It was like -$25 for one of them. That's by far my best deal.

Toshiba Laptop on Black Friday at BB for $499 after $400 in MIR's, which all came suprisingly fast:)

IBM 17" flatpanel monitor w/ DVI for $290 about a year and a half ago

Planar 17" flatpanel monitor with DVI and 16ms response time for $310 at the end of Last year. (retail was $500+, i think it was a price mistake on Dell's part, but i waited for 60 days on backorder and finally got it)

I dont think id call those NF7s the best deal as it didnt come through. It was a typo and they canceled the orders.

Originally posted by Rakinos
free packaging tape :p

actually, the $50 windows xp pro with baseball stuffs.
hehe I got both.
I remember getting a Dlink wireless router that was normally around $90 for something like $20 that was a pretty nice deal, but now deals like this are all the time, but back when I got it, it was like the first time.

That I can remember at the moment, probably the Microsoft Retail training.. tons of free software!

Office XP that I got for $10, then returned to Best Buy for $500 credit. :D

the free microsoft executive kit is really cool...
or the 160 gig drive for ~30 ar.

edit: oh and the free x10 starter kit....

2ish yrs ago:

80 gig WD for 89 after MIR (retail 250).

past 6 months
BB black friday ATI 9600 $75 after MIR
2400XP-M=3400XP $77 (yay newegg) ;)
saw the 200 gig for 20 bucks thing but I was a day late. . .doh.

Originally posted by cnealjr

Originally posted by lorcani
That was the best deal I've seen here. I foolishly waited until morning (I was really tired) and the deal was gone. From that day on, I have strived to buy RIGHT NOW if the deal is worth it. :D

Woohoo ! This was the deal I posted. It was actually 22.26 shipped to my door. I had a coupon that I used also. Took exactly 12 weeks for my $200 rebate check to show up.

And this was the best deal I ever partook in here also ;)

Originally posted by flypaper

how did you get them to take it back if you had no reciept? just left it unopened?

2 yr Maxim FREE
2 yr Stuff FREE
2 yr FHM FREE
1 yr Electronic gaming FREE
6 months Xbox FREE

4 - 80 Gig WD 8mb cache 20$ each w/o rebate
2 - 160 Maxtor 8mb cahce 40$ each AR

Originally posted by flypaper
bastard, if you're not going to use it, leave it for one of us...

getting it on a really good deal = the company screwed up, lucky you
getting it, then returning it for full credit = stealing.

I chide you gently so that you learn;)

I know comparetively it isn't that big of a deal, BUT. That time when CompUSSR had the mouse special about a year ago. It was 20 or 30 - a 20 or 30 Instant Rebate. So it was Free! - you just had to pay shipping. ($6.00). Well.. i was just about to order 1, then i was reading on [H] about it. People were saying they were adding 99 to their basket and such.

I changed it from 1 to 7. (figured i wouldn't be tooo greedy..) Everyone else got it cancelled. I got my 7. w00t. 7 $30 mice for $5.26 i believe. I ended up keeping 2-3 and giving the rest away as prizes at several LAN parties... hehe..

Also.. www.4imprint.com's free samples... they ruled!! 5 free cool things. (who cares if they have the name of a church on them..)hahhaha

:D

Originally posted by jagec
bastard, if you're not going to use it, leave it for one of us...

getting it on a really good deal = the company screwed up, lucky you
getting it, then returning it for full credit = stealing.

I chide you gently so that you learn;)

Like a good Christian, I can rationalize anything I do. I got a free XBOX and $250 off my Infocus X1 projector. Best Buy still got a good chunk of money off me.

And yeah, I just left it unopened.

Guys mine it isn't so impressive ... 150 dollar card for a Radeon 9500 non pro ... soft modded to a Radeon 9800 ... rocks.. that was about 1.5 years ago... my kids still fighting over the chair to play medal of honor/battlefield 1942

Hah kids got Radeon 8500's

Andy

Originally posted by roman_legion
Guys mine it isn't so impressive ... 150 dollar card for a Radeon 9500 non pro ... soft modded to a Radeon 9800 ... rocks.. that was about 1.5 years ago...
Those are my preferred deals. The gems that can be modded and overclocked into the big leagues for pennies on the dollar :)

several years back, when the tualatins were still all the rage, i picked up a dual tualatin supermicro board for $27 shipped from insight.com, instead of the $270 retail price, thanks to a poster here.

Back