What website has large selection of PC games in Jewel cases or Downloadable besides newegg?

I haven't seen a major game come in a jewel case for probably a decade, maybe 2.
The have been in DVD cases since, and most don't even have a disc in them anymore, just a card with a code on it,

IMG_1052.JPEG

Just remembered, my BF2 games from 2005 were in DVD cases,
bf2sf.jpg

well I went to steampowered download store, but I prefer a few other websites that has more choices, such as PC games in DVD. I mean, what are the top 10 most popular online PC games stores in North America ?

Major PC games became too large to feasibly continue to come on DVDs. Look at the Witcher 3 in 2015 for example, it came on like 5 DVDs and also kind of required a day-one online patch anyway to help with bugs. By about 2016 we saw various AAA titles come on a token DVD that didn't contain the full game and required downloading the rest online (eg: Bethesda games). PC physical copies for such games have become a bit of a joke tbh.

Would have been better to use Blu-Ray discs as they do already for console releases but there was never a push to get anyone on board with the idea and additionally PC cases and builds had in large part moved away from having optical drives. External optical drives could have still be a thing but again, no incentive from publishers when they've been quite comfortable using online stores.

Alright, then for downloadable PC games under windows, what are the most popular websites? I want to avoid newegg at all cost ? can you guys name a few that have a huge selections

sure, I never use them before. But if they are the most popular, I'll jump in and buy some new games. Although I prefer a website that has both: some download, some Jewel case or retail box like the above link

regardless, I need a few more popular PC games buying website with wide selection. Where do you go?

I buy from Steam, Humble Bundle (they usually have Steam versions of the games), GOG, Epic, EA, and Blizzard, and I believe none of them offer physical copies direct from them.
Physical copies will have to be bought from a retailer like Amazon, Newegg, Gamestop, etc...

Zepher , on that note, any discount thru out the year, and any discount for buyer that buys a lot? anything like accumulated points? some website offer a 20% on a 48 hr. time frame like Black Fri., or Cyber Mon.

Also, you get a code, needless to say. So if you need to upgrade to a better PC, you still own that code on an upcoming new PC? Meaning it is NOT an OEM code like MS Office or MS windows etc.?

So if you need to upgrade to a better PC, you still own that code on an upcoming new PC?
Any games purchased on platforms like GOG, Steam, Blizzard, etc are digital and tied to your account. At worst a new PC means backing up your saves and moving them to the new PC and re-downloading any actual game executable.

Zepher , on that note, any discount thru out the year, and any discount for buyer that buys a lot? anything like accumulated points? some website offer a 20% on a 48 hr. time frame like Black Fri., or Cyber Mon.

Also, you get a code, needless to say. So if you need to upgrade to a better PC, you still own that code on an upcoming new PC? Meaning it is NOT an OEM code like MS Office or MS windows etc.?
Steam has sales throughout the year, Epic has a game or two free each week, GOG emails out discount codes every now and then.
And like was mentioned above, games are tied to your digital account, not your PC, so for example, you can install all of your Steam games on as many PC's as you want, but can only play on one machine at a time.

Just to add to the list, Green Man Gaming is a good code site that is an authorized reseller for the keys they sell (mostly steam).

Quick Question: supposed I finish off a certain game, can I sell that code? In the old days w/ games in CD, you can sell your CD games, and recover some money out of it

Quick Question: supposed I finish off a certain game, can I sell that code? In the old days w/ games in CD, you can sell your CD games, and recover some money out of it
no, but what you could do is make a bunch of accounts and have 1 game in each and then sell that account.

oh, that's a good trick, thank you very much. And it's fair on both side. I mean if I pay for that game, why can't I sell it 2nd hand? All the CD games I currently own, I can sell those 2nd hand, I mean I paid good $ for it.

no, but what you could do is make a bunch of accounts and have 1 game in each and then sell that account.
Can't imagine the nightmare this would be for management though 😅 Having to keep usernames and passwords for what could be dozens and dozens of accounts when logging into the standalone client just to play a single game. Also possibly requiring multiple emails, too.

At least with GOG.com it's all DRM-free so once you install the game it can be played directly from the EXE without any client login, though idk how they'd take to doing the multi-account thing.

oh, that's a good trick, thank you very much. And it's fair on both side. I mean if I pay for that game, why can't I sell it 2nd hand? All the CD games I currently own, I can sell those 2nd hand, I mean I paid good $ for it.
That is a dumb trick and against most ToS. Sure you can sell those games 2nd hand but most probably are not worth much. I buy physical when ever possible which is mostly console game and I never have a desire to resell them.

That is a dumb trick and against most ToS. Sure you can sell those games 2nd hand but most probably are not worth much. I buy physical when ever possible which is mostly console game and I never have a desire to resell them.
but for console game, what 's the resolution and is the joystick high quality

Back