Syntaxx

[H]ard|Gawd
What do you think about these specs i might put together:

i7-2600K (8MB Cache)
8GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1333MHz
3GB GDDR5 NVIDIA®GeForce® GTX 590
1TB SATA 3Gb/s (7,200RPM) 32MB Cache

It's for gaming.

If its an OEM system, I'm not sure if the K CPU will be beneficial over the non-K.

This is an OEM system correct? If so, who is the OEM?

What resolution monitor are you using?? The only reason I ask is because you might want to stick with a single GTX580 if anything under a 30 inch.

i have an lg right now that is i think only 21inch max out res @ 1680 x 1050

but id like to be able to upgrade the montior if i wish and not be stuck by the video card.

Yea at that resolution, even if you upgrade to the next step up (A 1920x1200/1920x1080 display) you'll be fine, even with a 6950 video card.

Another thing to remember is, depending on the OEM, overclocking may be locked down on the motherboard, and if it isn't, will likely be limited by the heatsink.

Nvidia 590 is something you will get if you plan to run 3 screens in 3D. The 580 is overkill. I would get the 570.

what display you think would be good in the 23 to 24 range for like 300 or less?

It's a waste of money. I'd buy a motorcycle instead and get an iPad. Then spend my time riding and showing off the iPad.

Yea at that resolution, even if you upgrade to the next step up (A 1920x1200/1920x1080 display) you'll be fine, even with a 6950 video card.

Another thing to remember is, depending on the OEM, overclocking may be locked down on the motherboard, and if it isn't, will likely be limited by the heatsink.

Also depends on the mobo. Not all overclock that well. Some don't overclock at all. What mobo model is it? Also answer Danny Bui's question about the OEM.

Try finding memory that has 1600mhz. Probably will be same price too :D

590/6990 is waste even for large resolution monitors. If you're planning to upgrade your monitor to a higher res, you should go with 6950 2GB and add another one later.

I hightly recomend a Western Digital raptor hard drive, I have had my 74gig 10,000 RPM hard drive in the past 5 main desktops iv built since 2004. its plenty of space for dual boot win7\winXP and the most important apps and games u play..

then maybe a 500gb-2tb HD for music, other games\apps, pictures and movies

Back