Whats up with this?

heyheyhey

Gawd
Ok, with the rig in my signature, I'm getting extremly low test scores. For example, I get ~31,000 in AquaMark3, ~15,000 in 3DMark01, and ~5500 in 3DMark03. Any ideas on why these scores are so low? I'm looking at other scores, and they have 1700+'s, 9500's and 512MB RAM... and are getting higher scores than me. I'm also getting slower framerate in games than i expected... ~45 in Call of Duty for example. Please help =\

Your video card is overclocked very high, this is not always a good thing, as there's a "sweet spot" which isn't usually at the maximum one can reach, but just below that.

Also have you flashed the latest BIOS version, ATI Catalyst version?

Other then that, your scores aren't terribly low, given your processor speed.

You can't always compare, as many people are optimizing in ways that they're not specifying. They may have a GPU water-block w/Peltier, etc. Certain TBred 1700's can easily OC to 2.4GHz, and Win2000 is better for gaming then XP. There's also a plethora of settings which can be tweaked. Is Vsync disabled? That's a basic show-stopper.

Originally posted by Liquid3D
Your video card is overclocked very high, this is not always a good thing, as there's a "sweet spot" which isn't usually at the maximum one can reach, but just below that.

Also have you flashed the latest BIOS version, ATI Catalyst version?

Other then that, your scores aren't terribly low, given your processor speed.

You can't always compare, as many people are optimizing in ways that they're not specifying. They may have a GPU water-block w/Peltier, etc. Certain TBred 1700's can easily OC to 2.4GHz, and Win2000 is better for gaming then XP. There's also a plethora of settings which can be tweaked. Is Vsync disabled? That's a basic show-stopper.

maybe i'll switch up my vid card a little.. but otherwise, yeah, latest bios, drivers, vsync off, im running 2000 etc etc

Back