Whee! RMAed a PNY Ti4400 got back a FX5600 Ultra

Kakyoin

2[H]4U
Wondering if anyone had any other experience with PNY RMA Process.

I recently obtained a second RMA for my GF4 Ti4400 and I got back a FX5600 Ultra w/ Splinter Cell. My invoice even says I'm supposed to get back a *Refurbish* GF4 Ti4400.

There warranty is explained here: "Lifetime Replacement warranty does not cover items out of production if PNY no longer stocks them. (Lifetime is defined as the lifetime of the product on the market. Outdated technology is not covered by lifetime warranty if the item is no longer available on the common market as a new product.)"

So technically I wasnt even supposed to get a RMA # in the first place.

Has anyone else RMAed a video card and gotten a better one back?

I'm not complaining that I got a better video card then what was returned to them, just wondering if they just want to keep their customers happy.

Nice,

Never owned any PNY, but when I rma'd a Diamond Voodoo Banshee for busted 3d, I got back another one with a barely functional fan. Still worked though.

Never gotten a free upgrade.

yanno it occures to me that perhaps somewhere out there, theirs a former Fx5600 owner cursing lef tright and centre cause he just got a Ti4400 instead of a nice new 5600 :D

Maybe, but at least if I have any problems with the FX5600Ultra, I'll always get a FX5600 Ultra back now. :D

Maybe it will work it's way to up to FX5950 Ultra :p

Never had this issue with a vid card, but several times I've RMA'ed hard drives and gotten bigger ones back - 10GB became a 20GB.

It just costs the manufacture too much to keep the old stuff in storage. Its cheaper to give you a "new" one that they have lots of lying around and it keeps you a happy customer who will probably buy PNY again.

RMA a GeForce3 64meg and got back a GeForce4 Ti4200 128meg:D :D :D

freind of mine RMA'd a 40 gig maxtor (big surprise) and got an 80 gig back. i dont even trust that drive, it seems to be flaky... never liked maxtor

To be honest I would be sort of annoyed at that 'upgrade', but hey, the cards are pretty close --so if you're happy, then it's nice you got something new :).

Cool that they gave you a video game too :).

Erik

I sold my old PNY 4400 to a guy who fried it and he also got it RMA'd for a FX5600, so I doubt it was a mistake. Better than nothing for a dead board I guess.

I had to RMA my PNY GF4 ti 4400 last year, but got back another 4400. Still working last I checked (now in my spare PC).

overall I was happy I didn't have to buy a new video card.

Originally posted by mikey63
I had to RMA my PNY GF4 ti 4400 last year, but got back another 4400. Still working last I checked (now in my spare PC).

overall I was happy I didn't have to buy a new video card.
Ya I got a Ti4400 back the first RMA I had. And this second time I got back a FX5600 Ultra. Although I didnt really need it, since I bought a 9800NP -> Pro since my Ti4400 died (Reason I RMAed it in the first place)

I'm wondering if they will keep doing that, if this one breaks/dies on me if they will upgrade me if they dont have this one in stock anymore. They are pretty much going against what their warranty says.

Back