When reporting temps...

UrineMachine

Limp Gawd
When reporting temps, I am using a evga 680i and Everest w/ a Q6600 quad core. When reporting temps, and people say "My system idles at..." are they talking about "CPU Temp" or "Core temp"?

Having a Quad core, I have core temps of like 40, 40, 38, 39c, but my "CPU Temp" is 34c.

So, are people saying their core temps or their CPU temp?

Ignore that CPU temp figure it cant apply to anything meaningful related to the CPU's actual temp.
It could be the motherboard ambient air temp etc but labelled wrongly, this sort of thing is quite common.

When they say "idles at", it means either all cores are around that temp or that is a reported single figure for the whole CPU.
For example, I have an AMD x2 dual core but only get one temperature reading.

Ignore that CPU temp figure it cant apply to anything meaningful related to the CPU's actual temp.
It could be the motherboard ambient air temp etc but labelled wrongly, this sort of thing is quite common.

When they say "idles at", it means either all cores are around that temp or that is a reported single figure for the whole CPU.
For example, I have an AMD x2 dual core but only get one temperature reading.

But how am I to "ignore that CPU temp figure" when it seems your system is using something similar. I mean, I have a per core reading and a CPU as a whole reading... shouldn't you also ignore the single CPU reading?

But how am I to "ignore that CPU temp figure" when it seems your system is using something similar. I mean, I have a per core reading and a CPU as a whole reading... shouldn't you also ignore the single CPU reading?

My dual core CPU has one temperature sensor.
Your quad core CPU has 4 temperature sensors.

There isnt another temp sensor on the CPU so that reading is not from the CPU.

My dual core CPU has one temperature sensor.
Your quad core CPU has 4 temperature sensors.

There isnt another temp sensor on the CPU so that reading is not from the CPU.

There is a temperature sensor right on the motherboard at the socket. I have my system water cooled with a 3x120mm rad and a 2x120mm rad and the only thing in the loop is the Q6600 - i don't know how people with vid/nb/sb/etc in their smaller loop are reading the 33 - 35c temps I am seeing as "CPU Temp" if they're referring to their cores.

Back