where can i get the klipsch pro media 2.1 in the UK?

khalidur

Weaksauce
i am in the market for new speakers priced at £70-£100, so far i have concluded the the 'THX' certified klipsch promedia 2.1 to be the best buy, however i can find no UK store stocking these, the closest i can find is this from amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...-9510253?v=glance&n=560798&s=gateway&v=glance

however the picture on the above site is wrong and what they are actually selling is this product

http://www.trustedreviews.com/article.aspx?art=1048

would you guys still recommend it?

i am in the market for multimedia speakers for use with my 360 and Pc which is why the above product is perfect for me as is accept RCA inputs from my VGA xbox cable and 3.5MM from my pc.

i know there are an array of logitech ones that do the same thing however whenever i think of logitech i think of mice and keyboards not quality speakers.

the speakers will be used for both gaming and music, with gaming being a secondary concern as i don't really care about audio accuracy in games as much as i do about music, also the room is farely small, so i can't do 5.1 surround sound as i don;t need it, i also don;t need a lot of bass as my mums room is next door.

so if anyone can post any links to a shop sellign the pro Media or suggest any other speakers i would greatly appreciate it. i aim to purchase by monday.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
are you insane??

get the acoustic energy aego series

one of the products that makes me wish i was in the UK...

the z-2300 are THX certified and around the same price, would you recommend getting those instead, i am quite fond of the desighn o the logitech.

nah, get the klipsch speakers. they are almost the same, except a big difference is that logitech uses a phase plug for a speaker and klipsch uses a seperate mid range and tweeter, so youll get clearer highs.

it seems that the klipsch are out of the question as i can't find a single reatiler, monarch computers ships to the UK, but i am wary of doing so.

so AEGO M's the way to go?

yes

cant think of anything else that competes with them in the same 80 pound price bracket

can anyone recommend a good sound card for use with the AEGO M, so far i am leaning towards the chaintec av710.

also to use the speakers with my 360 do i buy an adapter the will change the left and right speaker cable on my VGA cable into a 3.5MM plug, and plug it into the 'blue' socket in my sound card? or do i have to buy a sound card that accepts optical signals such as the creative one?

Back