where cani find 99% alcohol isopropyl to clean off thermal paste?

well

70% works, tho not well

goto albertsons, publix, vons, stater brothers, probably even rite-aid, walgreens or something....basically any food store...goto their first aid aisle, then you should easily find 91% alcohol

im almost empty on my bottle, i cleaned several heatsinks yesterday...

and that stuff works great to soak your herb pipes in to clean resin off too :)

well

70% works, tho not well

goto albertsons, publix, vons, stater brothers, probably even rite-aid, walgreens or something....basically any food store...goto their first aid aisle, then you should easily find 91% alcohol

im almost empty on my bottle, i cleaned several heatsinks yesterday...

and that stuff works great to soak your herb pipes in to clean resin off too :)

haha have you tried using carb cleaner? my buddy works at mercedes benz and sprayed a bubbler down with carb cleaner then boiled it for 20 mins brought it back out and the sucker was brand spanking new.

I don't think 99% is commercially available. Some people say 90% is necessary, but 70% will do. You can find 90% in drugstores and grocery stores.

Or get a bottle of this.

99%. 198 proof.

I don't think 99% is commercially available. Some people say 90% is necessary, but 70% will do. You can find 90% in drugstores and grocery stores.

Or get a bottle of this.

everclear = 90% alcohol right? don't you have to go to TJ for that? :p

Paint thinner FTW !! it is not overkill :p

You should be able to get 90% at Walgreens or any grocery store...And paint thinner leaves a lot of residue...

Ive been a cheapo lately. Just been using a white sock to rub the heck out of heatsinks and chips until no more stuff comes off. After a bit you start rubbing aluminum off so its hard to tell whether you are rubbing aluminum or goop off but eh it gets the job done.

everclear = 90% alcohol right? don't you have to go to TJ for that? :p

95% terrible stuff to have around lol. Was conned into taking a cap-shot of that once at a party. Made my mouth feel numb for a good 5 minutes.

Anything higher than 95% is going to absorb water from the atmosphere to bring it down to an equilibrium at ~95%

I'm still not sure why everyone thinks that 70% isopropyl is a problem

95% terrible stuff to have around lol. Was conned into taking a cap-shot of that once at a party. Made my mouth feel numb for a good 5 minutes.

Conned? :p Should've sniffed it first!

I've had maybe 5 shots of 151 throughout my life. I think my lifespan has lowered a few days because of it.

Everclear is not meant to be consumed straight... I mix it with fruit punch. Make it in a 5 gal. rubermaid cooler... Everyone got drunk that night...

Anyway, found some ~90% at CVS few days ago.

Target.

target.jpg

:)

haha everclear owns! my buddy went to texas and brought it back home.

oh by the way i was able to buy 99% isopropyl alcohol from drug emporium

You can get very pure Iso in the paint / finish section of stores like Lowe's, Home Depot, etc.

We're talking hardware here, gents. Your Everclear horror stories belong in GenMay, not General [H]ardware, right..??....:cool:

Back