Where is the firmware upgrade for the G7?

burningrave101

[H]F Junkie
When will there be a firmware upgrade for the G7? This stupid thing wont track at all on the rough side of my new fUnc Archetype mouse pad. It works alright on the smooth side though. I wonder why Logitech hasn't released anything yet. They released the firmware upgrade for the G5 but nothing for the G7 even though their the same mouse except for the G7 being wireless.

I wasn't aware they were planning on any updates. My G7 works perfect on my Func fseries mp. Have you tried emailing logitech about the problem?

Did you get the F-series model with the rough or smooth texture? My G7 works great on the smooth side but not at all on the rough side.

I also wish they would of included the weights in the G7 like they did the G5. It feels sorta light and cheap without any weight.

burningrave101 said:
Did you get the F-series model with the rough or smooth texture? My G7 works great on the smooth side but not at all on the rough side.

I also wish they would of included the weights in the G7 like they did the G5. It feels sorta light and cheap without any weight.

The battery ties up the space that was used in the G5.

How old is your archtype? If I'm not mistaken, the first run had tracking problems with the newer laser mice, like the G7 and the copperhead, and it has been re-worked. Func will give you a replacement pad.. Here check it:

http://www.moditory.com/content/view/181/2/

You may need to try different firmware, as that's a concern too, but overall I feel pretty duped about the whole laser mouse thing myself. I was using a razer diamondback, and replaced it with the copperhead.. It's definately less precise with it's tracking on my icemat now, and i doubt any amount of firmware will fix it....

Back