Which 22?

PianoPete

n00b
Ok the more I surf the more confused and indecisive I become. Looking for a 22in display for computer use (mostly PC gaming). I would like something with a good response time but would rather not get a TN panel as I will also be using it for music work and will need to view it from an angle when at my piano, and I will also want to watch movies on it. I want something that doesn't crush the blacks or wash out the whites as well. I don't want a monitor with issues like having to turn the brightness to zero to avoid BLB etc. I am not all that concerned with finding a bargain price, something in the $500-$600 range would be ideal. Please help as there is just too much info out there and after a while it hurts my brain!

Heh I just found out that there are very few non TN 22in displays. What would you recommend in a 24?

The Westinghouse L2410NM 24" that normally goes on sale at Best Buy for $330 - $350

or

The Soyo DYLM24D6 24" at Officemax that goes on sale sometimes for $299.99

The Westinghouse L2410NM 24" that normally goes on sale at Best Buy for $330 - $350

or

The Soyo DYLM24D6 24" at Officemax that goes on sale sometimes for $299.99

Thanks. Both of those monitors got rather poor reviews at Extremetech.com. I don't mind spending more for a better monitor (within reason... can't afford $1500 for an Ezio).

Yah, but those guys at Extremetech don't know what their talking about sometimes. I hear from numerous users who bought the Westy and Soyo 24" they are pretty happy with it The thing about those reviewers online, they compare it with other higher model more expensive LCDs they tested from before. To them, it's not good enough or up to par.

Well just because you don't know what you're missing doesn't mean you're not missing anything. :D

But if it's what you can afford, then what you have is better than what you don't have.

Hmm maybe I'll take a 2 hour drive and get a Sony GDM-FW900 for $250. Is a CRT easier/harder on the comps video card than a TFT or is it the same?

Hmm maybe I'll take a 2 hour drive and get a Sony GDM-FW900 for $250. Is a CRT easier/harder on the comps video card than a TFT or is it the same?
Where'd you find that at?
I'd happily pick that up in an instant over any LCD, unless you get an equally spectacular deal.

Just avoid Samsung's - cheap and nasty. Returned two already.

Back