Which is better between these two video cards

VitB6

n00b
ATI RADEON 9700Pro 8X AGP 128MB 9700 PRO Video Card $134

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=40158&item=5170012487&rd=1

or

ATI RADEON 9600XT 8X AGP 256MB DDR 9600 XT Video Card $139

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...00784&ssPageName=MERC_VI_RSCC_Pr4_PcN__Stores

I will mainly be using this for non-gaming purposes. Want to make use out of the DVI, make my resolution clearer and DVD's look better.

What makes one better than the other?

And price is pretty much a wash. Is this the best price on one of these cards?

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Well, if your gonna buy a video card check out newegg.com's refurb page . The fact that they are refurb shouldn't matter unless you really need a warrenty. You should spend appx. $200 for a card that'll play games like HL2. If I'm wrong.... permission to flame me granted, hehe

ATIIsBetter said:
Well, if your gonna buy a video card check out newegg.com's refurb page . The fact that they are refurb shouldn't matter unless you really need a warrenty. You should spend appx. $200 for a card that'll play games like HL2. If I'm wrong.... permission to flame me granted, hehe

Read his post, card will be for non-gaming purposes. :rolleyes:

ATIIsBetter said:
If u scroll thru those refurb pages u will find x800's for abt $300, thank you

He doesnt need that much power if all hes going to do is watch dvds. :p

Fine, so i'm lisdexic, i mean dislexic, and i missed a line or 3 of his post. Srry. Still the refurb pages are good to find cheapo vid cards

if he's just watching DVD's he should get a 6600, since they got the working video chip in there, video is alot better than any ATI card, i seen a review on it and it showed stairstep edges on stuff like sanfransico rails while there was no stairstepping on the 6600, also had alot of banding on the ati card compared to the 6600, there was no banding.

Back