which mediocre soundcard for music for the AEGO M?

khalidur

Weaksauce
i bought a pair of AEGO M speakers based on the recommendation of other people on the forums. they come on friday, so i was wondering what sound card to get.

my budget is £20 so i am not expecting mindblowin sound but good enough so that the premium i paid for the AEGO doesn't go to waste. i currently have a dell XPS 400, which shipped with a "creative audigy advanced MB" integrated soundcard which when used with the standard dell speakers are fine for desktop work, but when i plug in my shure e2c's i hear a faint hissing sound as i have a tendency to lower the volume when using the shure due to its sound isolating properties, and as the AEGO are said to be quite loud i will have to keep the volume down and i fear that i may hear the hissing when using them.

so far i have picked this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TerraTec-Au...110/202-1809150-9510253?ie=UTF8&s=electronics

i tried to get a chaintech AV710 however no shops in the UK carry them and importing them from the US drastically inflates the price.

the soundcard will be used mostly for music, however i will play games such as battlefield 2 on it, so long as it is able to convey the voices and explosions in stereo to a certain degree of accurac i will be happy.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
according to the technical data of the aforementioned card

(http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...809150-9510253?ie=UTF8&n=560798&s=electronics)

it has toslink input and output. does this mean i could use the toslink input to connect to the VGA cable on my xbox 360 which has a tosling output port, and the sound will be routed to my AEGO M?

also i got the AEGO M this morning and it sounds mediocre at a bass level of 2 however when i plug in my ipod using the apple ipod dock, it sounds much better

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
i purchased the terra tec 5.1 earth, it seems as though no-one has any obections.

now all i need to know how are the drivers. i noticed on the official site that they have 64bit drivers which should come in useful if/when i upgrade to vista.

so how are the 32bit drivers? are there any problems i sould look out for?

Back