Which mobile processor is better?

EnSabahOne

n00b
This is for a person who wants to balance gaming and mobility on the go.

A pentium M 715 (1.5 ghz 2mb of L2 cache) w/ an 128 mb ATI Radeon 9600 Protubro?

OR

A moblie AMD Athlon 64 3000+ 1.80 ghz with 1mb of L2 cache w/ a 64 mb Geforce 4 440 GO?

Which one is faster? Which would be better for playing games?
Please give a description as to why too.

try to get the 1.6 with the 2mb l2 cache, i dont believe the 1.5 has 2mb cache...but def number one...btw is the second laptop with the AMD is a HP/Compaq?

moreover the AMD 64bit is fine but its paired with a piece of shit video chipset !!

I've got a Pentium M 735, and a Mobility Radeon 9700, and I can run Farcry, UT2004, and Doom 3 great. Besides, the Pentium M's get great battery life (almost 5 hours), whereas the AMD probably gets horrible battery life.
Get the one with the good video card. Trust me.

how about an AMD64 3400 with a ati mobility 9600 or even a 3200 and same vid from emachines. If you wait about a month the new ones will be released and hopefully will have 9700 with 128m or better

Sorry to all the amd fans, but in the mobile marketplace, there is no competition if you want battery life + mobility. The P-M is just leagues ahead of anything amd has. Most have 4hrs+ battery. Some can even pull 8hrs with a modular bay battery. They also are very fast. Now they scale down to 600mhz most of the time on battery to pull less power, but even at this speed windows is perfectly fast. During gaming with full speed + gfx card chugging away your looking at 2hrs battery. Cut those numbers in half if your looking at amd. Not to mention the p-m runs much cooler. I can do work on my lap. I wouldn't suggest playing farcry on my lap since it will get warm, but during normal work the bottom of my laptop is barely warm.

pates03 said:
try to get the 1.6 with the 2mb l2 cache, i dont believe the 1.5 has 2mb cache...but def number one...btw is the second laptop with the AMD is a HP/Compaq?

wrong. there was a banias version of a 1.5 ghz with 1mb, but the dothan goes from 715(1.5) to 755(2.0ghz) and has 2mb

Sorry to all the amd fans, but in the mobile marketplace, there is no competition if you want battery life + mobility. The P-M is just leagues ahead of anything amd has. Most have 4hrs+ battery. Some can even pull 8hrs with a modular bay battery. They also are very fast. Now they scale down to 600mhz most of the time on battery to pull less power, but even at this speed windows is perfectly fast. During gaming with full speed + gfx card chugging away your looking at 2hrs battery. Cut those numbers in half if your looking at amd. Not to mention the p-m runs much cooler. I can do work on my lap. I wouldn't suggest playing farcry on my lap since it will get warm, but during normal work the bottom of my laptop is barely warm.

completly agree. i love amd, and i wouldnt think of using anything else in my desktops, but in the mobile market, intel obliterates. theyre P-M's use less than 1v, are very cool, and do the same IPC's as an a64. when it comes to notebooks, i hardly ever recommend a p4 or an a64 (or aXP for that matter)

i would go for the 1.5/9600 machine

Back