Which one you will suggest? (Samsung 225BW & 215TW)

diefathin

Weaksauce
Samsung 225BW is only $399, 22" and it had D-sub and DVI. TN panel.

Samsung 215TW, the lowest price is $455, 21", and it had Composite S-video, component. S-PVA panel

Samsung 22" moniters came out in the market, Is it mean 21" moniters's price will go down soon?
Can you give me some suggestion? Which one is the best?

:)""""""""PLEASE FEEL FREE TO REPLY, I NEED YOUR PROFESSIONAL SUGGESTION"""""""""":)

The 225bw has better response time and better price. If you'll be primarily gaming, I think that's the monitor for you.

As far as prices, imo they're low now, even thought they were predicted to raise for robust sales for ppl going back to campus. I love the prices atm and just bought a new samsung :cool:

Read the sticky on TFT Technology...great info on difference between TN and S-PVA panels application wise.

TN film (Twisted Nematic)
- low manufacturing/retail costs
- restrictive viewing angles
- fast pixel response times
- dead pixels display white. Stuck pixels display RGB colors
- lower contrast levels means blacks are not as dark as VA based panels
- lower color reproduction.

Super-PVA (S-PVA)
- same as PVA except ...
- “Magic Speed” (the Samsung equivalent to Overdrive) improves pixel response
- slightly improved color reproduction
- slightly improved viewing angles

I really dont know..... ~_~"
it sound like S-PVA is bettter, and cost more.
215TW, 1" less , cost $60 more .........

Get a 20" for hardcore gaming, 215tw for anything else inlcuding casual gaming. I'd personally never touch a TN panel again but if you game competively it might be worth it. The 215tw has better viewing angles and it's an 8-bit panel. The 225bw also has a low contrast ratio which is normal for Samsung's lower end "b" products. Here's the 225bw compared to the Gateway FPD2185W http://www.bcchardware.com/index.ph...on=com_gallery&Itemid=&include=view_photo.php
The Gateway has the same panel as the 215tw, I think you can see which one looks better lol. The pixel pitch on a 22" monitor at 1680x1050 is going to be nasty too.

StaticSurge said:
The Gateway has the same panel as the 215tw, I think you can see which one looks better lol. The pixel pitch on a 22" monitor at 1680x1050 is going to be nasty too.

I had a Samsung 930B for a year already and a CRT 20" which is old and its color is bad (someone gave it to me) . Trying to get away the huge CRT.

Sound likes Gateway is best than Samsung.

:)""""""""PLEASE FEEL FREE TO REPLY, I NEED YOUR PROFESSIONAL SUGGESTION"""""""""":)

You sound like you want display that comes closest to your CRT forget the 225BW and get the 215tw or the gateway if you can find it cheaper. The Gateway is pretty much the same monitor as the 215tw, and yes especially from the pictures I saw it beats the 225BW hands down.

The choices in 21 and 22" are very limited,..I'd suggest 20 or 24" :p The latest/greatest technology is applied to the 20" flavor at the moment....much depends on your budget.

c4eater said:
The choices in 21 and 22" are very limited,..I'd suggest 20 or 24" :p The latest/greatest technology is applied to the 20" flavor at the moment....much depends on your budget.

my budget is between $400 and $500US
if i go for a 20" on wide screen, it will look smaller than the 19" 4:3 (Samsung 930B)
24" will be over my budget. .......
>_________<

Save up for another month or two and get the Dell 2407. Also check around ebay, can get a sweet deal if you get lucky. Last night i saw a Apple 30in HD for under 500...those are 2000usd monitors!! granted it still had 3days left on auction but, you might get lucky

The 215TW is AWESOME. Very great viewing angle. Samsung's B series gad piss poor vertical viewing angles.

I'd have gotten the 215TW if it wasn't widescreen.

Back