SpeedFan 4.29 temp1 38 degs, temp2 34 degs

Intel TAT CPU0 40 degs, CPU1 42 degs
core temp 0.95 core0 38 degs, core1 42 degs

100% load using TAT
Easy Tune 5 system 39 degs, CPU 53 degs
SpeedFan 4.29 temp1 39 degs, temp2 53 degs

Intel TAT CPU0 60 degs, CPU1 62 degs
core temp 0.95 core0 61 degs, core1 62 degs

it is confusing because easy tune 5 matches speedfan and TAT matches core temp.
does TAT and coretemp give 15 degs higher because of the 85degs to 100degs change?
do i have to deduct 15degs because of the E2160?

temps around 60degs at load seem too high for stock settings.

the heatpipes on the ninja aren't even warm
the northbridge is warm though

Update your copy of speedfan and look for the core temps listed as core0 and core1.

TAT coretemp and speedfan(updated) all are/will read about the same within a deg or 2, it depends on how the programmer wrote the code to "average the readings over time" . All three are reading the internal CPU temps. You can tell because when you run something to load the machine the temps change instantly.

Easytune is a POS and does not read actual CPU internal temps. Forget for any kind of temps.

60degs at load

oops

that does seem warm idle and load for a scythe tower HS. Have you disabled the fan control in the bios to run the fan at 100% speed or is the HS fan on its own molex to the power supply ?

updated to speed fan 4.32
cpu fan is running at 100% always.

idle
speedfan 4.32 core0 23 degs, core1 28 degs

Easy Tune 5 system 38 degs, CPU 34 degs

Intel TAT CPU0 42 degs, CPU1 43 degs
core temp 0.95 core0 39 degs, core1 42 degs

100% load with TAT
speedfan 4.32 core0 47 degs, core1 47 degs

Easy Tune 5 system 39 degs, CPU 54 degs

Intel TAT CPU0 62 degs, CPU1 62 degs
core temp 0.95 core0 62 degs, core1 63 degs

now it looks like speedfan 4.32 core figures are close to TAT and coretemps if 15 degs are deducted. so is the speedfan figure of 47 degs about right? or is the extra 15 degs from TAT and core temp at 62 degs right?

:eek: just noticed your processor Unclewebb will be by and sort it all out, I stopped keeping up with which CPU's were assigned a wrong Tjunction value.

Did somebody call?

WickedWeasel: Your E2160 is a revision L2 processor which is really an E4300 with half of the cache disabled ( 1MB instead of 2MB ). I don't have any experience with these yet but it sounds like the same thing is happening. CoreTemp 0.95 and TAT are misreporting the core temperature for these processors because they are assuming that they have a maximum Tjunction temperature of 100C but it is likely only 85C. TAT was designed for heat baking the laptop Core processors and has never been updated for the desktop processors so even though it has the Intel logo on it, I don't trust it.

SpeedFan 4.32 and CoreTemp 0.94 should be in agreement for reporting the core temperature and I believe they are both right. Both these programs assume that the maximum Tjunction temperature your processor can run at is 85C. Use one of these programs and keep your reported core temperature under 85C and you will never have a problem.

If you are grossly overclocking your processor with 1.50 volts and lots of MHz then you will probably find that the maximum temperature you can reliably run it at will be in the very low 60C range. You don't have to pay too much attention to temperatures. If you can run Orthos stable for a few hours you'll likely never have any temperature problems while running real world applications.

Back