Who said Warlocks were gimpy? (World of Warcraft)

DemisE

Limp Gawd
Just a couple ss's of my latest crits

crit2.jpg

crit1.jpg

discuss

Maybe they meant squishy? Granted I'm only lvl 36 now on my first char, but I try my best to not let a mage of any kind even have a chance to move. ;) And yes, that is out of fear of being smashed into a pulp. ;)

All is as nothing next to the Melting of Face.

As a warrior I hate warlocks and the chain fear that one damn pet can do. Half the battle I spend being chased away by that stupid zergling all the while getting hit in the teeth with shadowbolts and equally painful spells.

Now if chain fear breaks early and I intercept, and get lucky with a shield bash and silence them for 6 seconds, they are dead.

I see sometimes that warlocks are capable of producing spell crits this high, and looking at the talent and skill tree, it's hard to figure out how a spell like Shadow Bolt (Rank 9), which says it deals 455 to 507 shadow damage to the target, can crit for 8 times that much. Do you have a lot of +damage gear on? Does -75 Shadow resist contribute that much to the crit damage?

I'll be sure to check this out today as i finally got the dark iron bars last night but didnt have time to build that ultra shadow reflective trinket for my pally. I just hope they will be one lock that just go ... WTFFPWND ... that would make my day :)

Humm don't know if i will be able to see it in scroll combat text.

What are the circumstances in which that happens? Will the removal of negative resistance checks in 1.9 put an end those big crits?

BoK said:
What are the circumstances in which that happens? Will the removal of negative resistance checks in 1.9 put an end those big crits?
Whoa, I hadn't heard about this. Where did you find out about that?

It's a known fact that if people bitch long enough Blizzard will acquiesce to their every demand to shut them up. Frankly I'm not surprised to see those numbers. Warriors used to be gimped, they bitched hard, now theyre monsters of PvP. Druids the same. Now Warlocks. Hunter aimed shots for almost 3k? Damage mitigation anyone? Rogues, pallies and to a lesser extend mages have been getting dicked over constantly with nerfs and vast power added to other classes. I really don't think Blizzard gives a crap about class balance. It seems like it will be cycles of buffing and nerfing. That's why PvP in wow will probably always be broken. At least their PvE game is phenomenal.

The thing about warriors being monsters in PvP, is that as a warrior you have to pick your role. I am a protection specc'd warrior and I suck at PvP, PvP warriors suck at end game instances and are not needed in raids, there are plenty of rogues already.

Draax said:
The thing about warriors being monsters in PvP, is that as a warrior you have to pick your role. I am a protection specc'd warrior and I suck at PvP, PvP warriors suck at end game instances and are not needed in raids, there are plenty of rogues already.
That's the same story for just about every other class. A Resto druid isn't a combat monster, but a feral one sure is a mean force on the battleground. Plus, as a prot warrior you can't be touched by a single rogue and you'll last a hell of a long time defending a point against a couple of attackers. Compare your prot warriors pvp abilities against a pally and count your blessings.

the@ntipop said:
That's the same story for just about every other class. A Resto druid isn't a combat monster, but a feral one sure is a mean force on the battleground. Plus, as a prot warrior you can't be touched by a single rogue and you'll last a hell of a long time defending a point against a couple of attackers. Compare your prot warriors pvp abilities against a pally and count your blessings.

Well a Paly really isn't a fair comparisson, we all know Palys (read: bubble babies) suck. :D

It was my understanding that warriors were suposed to deal out melee damage like it was going out of style .... that is a warrior right ?

Pallys suck big time in PVP thats why when i go in AB i just follow a warrior, put bof on him and become is personnal heal bot .... With a good warrior i watch him ravage everything in sight.

Well that works a couple of minutes then i become the main target for every horde. CS, Sheep, Fear, 2 hits Shadow Bolts .. name it .. i become the main attraction. Who said pallys dont have aggro?? Lolll

Then you take a high crit/+damage warlock and throw in priest shadow weaving for another 15% :eek: Yeah, our warlocks love when I quick throw up 5 or 6 rank 1 SW:p and max out the shadow weaving. 15% more damage for them is huge..and it only cost me about 150 mana max.

Warlocks can really become DPS machines if they have the right gear and satisfy their mana thirst. You give them rejuv potions on top of it and they can almost rival rogues for DPS on a long fight. Our last rag attempt our top lock had four 4k crits in a row :D Rag only has a million HP...big dent (1.6%) from one toon in a few seconds.

Warlocks are only gimpy if the other class gets the "jump" on them. But if they see you at range and/or are not ready...yeah, they are evil.

-tReP

Draax said:

DPS warriors are a definite must for Blackwing Lair. Rogue dps is great but warriors have execute and that can make or break a fight. Especially on boss fights like Vaelestraz.

pkScary said:
Do you play on Burning Legion, DemisE? (Tsie, 60 Orc Shaman)

Yep I do.

Character Samelina
Guild Ænigma

Oh and here is what is needed to get those numbers

Sapphiron Drape +14
Jeklik's Opaline Talisman +22
Ebony Flame Gloves +43 (Shadow Damage)
Felheart Bracers +7
Sash of Whispered Secrets +33 (Shadow Damage)
Nemesis Skullcap +20
Hoodoo Hex +18
Fel Infused Leggings +64 (Shadow Damage)
Robe of the Void +49 (Shadow Damage)
Nemesis Spaulders +18
Nemesis Boots +18
Touch of Chaos +18
Tome of Shadow Force +34 (Shadow Damage)
Sorcerous Dagger +20
Spell Power Enchant +30
Band of Dark Dominion +33 (Shadow Damage)
Talisman of Ephemeral Power +175
Zandalarian Hero Charm +280

Total Spell Power +896 With Trinkets
+441 Without Trinkets

DemisE said:
It's not as rare as you think..

Exactly...they aren't that rare. Get a lock with the DM buff + Onyxia buff + Flower buff from Felwood and you really really need to be scared.

Also, why did you get the "Sash of Wasted DKP" :p ;) :D :)

-tReP

Trepidati0n said:
Exactly...they aren't that rare. Get a lock with the DM buff + Onyxia buff + Flower buff from Felwood and you really really need to be scared.

Also, why did you get the "Sash of Wasted DKP" :p ;) :D :)

-tReP

Becuase it really is a great belt. The only other belt that can compare for a +dmg build is Firemaw's Clutch which is similar stats and +2 more damage. However the Sash is only useful for Warlocks and Shadow Priests.

That and the +health regen on Sash is better for a warlock than the +mana regen on Firemaw's. IMO

crickett, a warlock in my guild just got 2 3000+ crits in a row with a 6400 crit in between, i'll try and convince her to post the pic

a warlocks benefit is really +hp return, fel sta ftw, and 2 lifestones :D before rade gear a warlock can hit 4k hp with out imp buff pretty easily, thats a nice return from fel stamina

Trimlock said:
crickett, a warlock in my guild just got 2 3000+ crits in a row with a 6400 crit in between, i'll try and convince her to post the pic

a warlocks benefit is really +hp return, fel sta ftw, and 2 lifestones :D before rade gear a warlock can hit 4k hp with out imp buff pretty easily, thats a nice return from fel stamina

Locks always have high stam. As you can see in my SS. 6k HP with Fort and Kings in pvp gear. In felheart fully buffed I have around 6800 hp and 7k mana. It is always entertaining when a rogue ambush / backstabs me and is suprised that they only took off at most 25% of my hp.

Mmm, you would get so pwned by me Samelina :p I know ya.

Haven't played much recently because I've been playing War3 TFT with Zulwarn.

eek.gif
And I get goosebumps when eviscerate crits for 1800.....

anyway, I think most players have always known that 'locks were a very powerful class, they just take alot more skill than others (they're probably the hardest, just above druids, IMO)

And yes, it does piss me off when I go up to a 'lock, ambush (crits for ~1400), backstab (crits for ~1000), then CB eviscerate (usually about another 800-1000), and watch like 1/4 of their life go away. Nowdays, I just sap them, and move on (sometimes I'll kill their pet if I'm feeling mean
biggrin.gif
)

You know, I knew I totally recognized those pictures, then I looked on the ropetown forums and remembered where I saw them... Small world, huh, Samelina?

<-- Sasukekun (60 Tauren Hunter) :D

How many people here are from Burning Legion?

Oh snap! Heya Sasukekun.

Had Alcoy (60 Pally on BL) make me that Force Reactive Disk when you were offline. Thanks for offering to make it, though :)

Yes...Burning Legion, reveal yourselves!

maverick72 said:
Pallys suck big time in PVP thats why when i go in AB i just follow a warrior, put bof on him and become is personnal heal bot .... With a good warrior i watch him ravage everything in sight.

Well that works a couple of minutes then i become the main target for every horde. CS, Sheep, Fear, 2 hits Shadow Bolts .. name it .. i become the main attraction. Who said pallys dont have aggro?? Lolll
The Warlock and the pally are the best in PVP. You just gotta know how and when to use your abilities.

A good pally knows that to win is to stay alive. Pallys don't kill quick. They just live very long in a battle.

My level 33 pally puts out 150 damage for every swing. There's a 1 out of 4 chance that he'll do a double damage with a special ability called Seal of Command. Usually adds another 150 damage when it works. If you cast Seal of the Crusader on your oppenent then you'll get another 20 to 30 points damager when Seal of Command strikes.

The best part is that when you do a critical hit and at the same time the Seal of Command strikes you'll see damage as much as 600 total. Since Seal of Command mirrors the damage of the pallys weapon. It's also holy damage and it can be increased with Crusader. Plus you can put points into giving youself a greater chance to do a critical hit. Which I haven't yet. :(

On top of all this damage the pally is a healing whore. A pally can put up a shield to protect him from physical damage for up to 8 sec. He has two of them called Blessing of Protection and Divine Protection. The only difference between the two is one works for the pally only and the other can work for other players. For 8 sec the pally can use Holy Light twice that will completely heal him. So with two shields a pally can fully heal himself twice.

At the end of this whole mess if the pally still hasn't beaten his opponent he can still use the Lay on Hands. This ability is great but it's best used as a last resort. Will use all remaining mana to fully heal the pally. It doesn't matter how much mana is left either. Could be next to nothing. Problem is the ability will take another 60 minutes to recharge and will leave you with no mana.

Plus with abilities like Hammer of Justice you're opponent isn't going anywhere. If you keep up with blacksmithing and always favor armor and items that will increase your health the pally is unstoppable. Plus a pally is always great to have thanks to Redemption.

I've had two horde warriors at the same level beating on my pally. Using those technique's I've been able to kill them both easily. Only character my pally would fear is a Priest. If the Priest was smart he would try to avoid my attacks. Same goes for a mage but they usually don't live long. With a priest it's a battle of healing. Plus my pally's shields only protects physical so it makes it hard for me to heal. A priest is still pretty easy to kill for me.

pkScary said:
Mmm, you would get so pwned by me Samelina :p I know ya.

Haven't played much recently because I've been playing War3 TFT with Zulwarn.

Shammy's are fun fights. Except the majority of the ones that think spamming shocks and grounding totems will net them a win.

You might want to get some +SR & FR if you want to fight me though ;)

DukenukemX said:
The Warlock and the pally are the best in PVP. You just gotta know how and when to use your abilities.

snip snip snip

There is no "best pvp class" There is only Player A knows how to play their class and what is needed to defeat [Insert Random Class Here]

Draax said:

I suggest you look at your character then, because i've tanked all of MC as a 31 arms /20 fury.

DemisE said:
There is no "best pvp class" There is only Player A knows how to play their class and what is needed to defeat [Insert Random Class Here]
It is true but I find the Pally makes it seem too easy.

I've seen lots of rogues running around at low levels battling people who are 3 levels higher then they are. People who play rogues think they are amazing at level 15-25 but beyond that there isn't much a roque is good for.

My pally owns rogues at level 30. Simply because I know they cloak themselves and try to stab you in the back. After that they basically stab the crap out of you and move around you to avoid your attacks but that never works. Every rogue fights like this.

A mage or a warlock is going to have trouble with rogues unless they have a strategy. Basically with my mage I burn most players down and teleport like nuts. Using frost nova helps uncover hidden rogues. With my warlock I piss on the curses and use my voidwalker shield to protect me until the rogue dies.

With my pally there's only one strategy. Beat the crap out of them. You'll outlast most players. It really pisses off rogues and warriors when you put a sheild up to heal yourself. Just when they thought it was almost over. :)

Draax said:

Eh? 31/20 is fine for tanking; there's not an encounter in the game that requires the MT to be Protection specced.

Talon Blackrazor said:
Eh? 31/20 is fine for tanking; there's not an encounter in the game that requires the MT to be Protection specced.

How many times have you been to BWL?

Back