WHS remote access trouble

Jordan1

[H]ard|Gawd
2ee8lc5.jpg

I've got remote access enabled on my new WHS. I can access it in my browser using my server's local IP address, but I cannot via the myserver.homeserver.com address. I've told a couple family members to try to access the site and they cannot as well. I've got port forwarding set up correctly for HTTP, HTTPS, and RWW within my Netgear router according to this site. I'm using dyndns.com's Open Port Tool to test if incoming connections to those ports are being blocked. After testing each of the needed ports it tells me:

An attempted connection to [my.ip]:80 was refused. This typically indicates that there are no services available on that port, but that it is NOT being blocked by a firewall or your ISP.

I talked with my ISP and they said no ports should be blocked. I used telnet to access my old DSL modem settings and turned on bridged mode. Still no go. Any ideas?

Internet-----DSL modem->Netgear wireless router->wired switch->wired desktop and server.

ISP has to be blocking it then.

Could try changing the HTTP port to 81 or 83. That is most likely what is being blocked.

I think they are blocking everything. I recall the guy saying "they shouldn't be blocked, we have users using remote programs" or something. Every other online tool is telling my all my ports are blocked. Boo. But it just doesn't seem right...

From ShieldsUp:

Code:
 0 Ports Open
 1052 Ports Closed
    4 Ports Stealth
---------------------
 1056 Ports Tested

NO PORTS were found to be OPEN.

Back