Will a 7800GT be enough?

SomeoneWhoIsntMe

Limp Gawd
I am planning on getting 2 gigs of RAM, and an opteron 144 overclocked to 3.0ghz. Will the system be limited by a single 7800GT?

Your processor will probably be the limiting factor.

And if I may inquire...by what means do you plan on oc'ing the 144? It won't happen with any skt 940 board and I don't know how you're going to get a 1.8 ghz server chip to reach 3ghz, unless you have some kind of exotic cooling and voltage mods.

Moog said:
Your processor will probably be the limiting factor.

And if I may inquire...by what means do you plan on oc'ing the 144? It won't happen with any skt 940 board and I don't know how you're going to get a 1.8 ghz server chip to reach 3ghz, unless you have some kind of exotic cooling and voltage mods.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=958540

SomeoneWhoIsntMe said:
I am planning on getting 2 gigs of RAM, and an opteron 144 overclocked to 3.0ghz. Will the system be limited by a single 7800GT?

With it overclocked to 3ghz, I would say you limiting factor would be the 7800GT. What resolution are you going to be gaming at? The processor speed isn't that much of a bottleneck, but I havn't seen many benches done at 3ghz either, lol.

I'm thinking about getting a similar setup like your planning on doing. :)

The 7800GT is a really nice card. With 2GB of ram, most, if not any game will certainly shine.

Especially BF2. :D

Back