Will you PAY to use 3dmark "vantage"?

• Yes

Votes: 31 20.4%
  • No

Votes: 81 53.3%
  • I'll steal it!

Votes: 40 26.3%

• Total voters
The thing I hate most is this "you only get results online" BS.

Oh -- and that there are 2 tests rather than 4+ as with every other previous version... and that the first test looks like shit and runs just as badly...

Oh -- and I can't get my results. At all. I paid for the damn app, and I can't even submit to ORB. I get an error message with "don't panic yet". Thanks a lot Futuremark. Next time maybe take 5 minutes to test prior to release.

Why bother when you can use 4 years of previous versions and get the same results.. a number.

Also, what happened to the chameleon and the other neat test that were reported a few months back? I cannot stress how pathetic the first test is. It's simplistic, cartoony, but runs horribly. Do not want.

Plus the Sapphire branding is tacky as hell. I wonder how much more ridiculously better ATI cards do in this 'bench' compared with their consistently-faster-in-the-real-world Nvidia brethren.

While I first posted it as a joke, it is now becoming more and more obvious that this will only end up being more pirated than the previous version. And while normally I think people who pirate games should burn in hell, I expect as many people will be protesting piracy on this as there are anti-death penalty advocates outside of the prison when a child raping and murder gets put to death.

If anyone deserves to burn in hell it's futuremark.

you're telling me they couldn't make a version that you could run as many times as you want, but just not have the results be in their online db? Or maybe they didn't think of that. Or they are really the MPAA/RIAA in disguise.

I expect as many people will be protesting piracy on this as there are anti-death penalty advocates outside of the prison when a child raping and murder gets put to death.

:rolleyes:

I don't have Vista and don't plan on going to it. The only reason I have any version of 3DMark (I have 06 I believe) is to test stability when overclocking anyway. I've always thought it pretty much sucked as a benchmark.

If anyone deserves to burn in hell it's futuremark.

you're telling me they couldn't make a version that you could run as many times as you want, but just not have the results be in their online db? Or maybe they didn't think of that. Or they are really the MPAA/RIAA in disguise.

I agree. Futuremark was really dumb. It's not like there aren't enough reasons why 3dmark is hated, this is just going to fuel the fire.

Ok, perhaps that was a bit to harsh of an analogy :p

But really, I don't expect anyone to be crying foul when this gets pirated. (When? It's been released for more than an hour, I'm sure it's already busted.)

Well I found 3DMark06 worth the $20 I paid for the Advanced version a few years ago. I used the dang thing so much during all my overclocking. And was using it on multiple computers and had easily used up all the free ORB slots. So I felt they deserved $20 for something I had used so much. They did good and I showed my appreciation.

Seems people are really bad mouthing the new version. So I guess I'll wait and see if something has gotten worse or people just are bad mouthing it because of the price.

It would have been nice to see an Upgrade option for those of us that bought 3DMark06. But still, $20 is pretty cheap. So if I find the new version useful I may buy it again.

so about 23 ppl are gonna steal it and 23 will buy it, i wonder how many of the people that said they will buy it are gonna change their mind at the checkout. :D

thanks Kyle for topic change, I was drunk lastnight when I made it.

Well I found 3DMark06 worth the $20 I paid for the Advanced version a few years ago. I used the dang thing so much during all my overclocking. And was using it on multiple computers and had easily used up all the free ORB slots. So I felt they deserved $20 for something I had used so much. They did good and I showed my appreciation.

Seems people are really bad mouthing the new version. So I guess I'll wait and see if something has gotten worse or people just are bad mouthing it because of the price.

It would have been nice to see an Upgrade option for those of us that bought 3DMark06. But still, $20 is pretty cheap. So if I find the new version useful I may buy it again.

Anyone know if your allowed to use the new product on multiple computers or if it is a 1 computer per liscence thing/

Anyone know if your allowed to use the new product on multiple computers or if it is a 1 computer per liscence thing/

Yeah, good question. If I can't use the $20 Advanced version on more than one of my home computers, then I won't buy it at all.

...I paid for the app... and there are still advertisements at the bottom. WTF. I want my money back now. Now. This is inexcusable.

lol that's just wrong.

I also got a 5000(!!!) point increase in score from nothing more than a driver switch (some version of the 174 series betas, fairly recent, to the even more recent 175.12 leaked betas)... so it it wasn't clear enough already, this is a huge joke.

1. there is good profit in doing reviews/benchmarks.
  2. they want to rape the reviewers/benchmarkers

I go with the latter.
What self-respecting reviewer would even use it? Oh yeah, there's plenty out there with no self-respect. :p

Fuck Futuremark.

All I have to say really.

Having to PAY for basic, is a slap in the face to people who've used their shitty synthetic benchmarks for years.

It was a decent eye candy/stability test though.

Well I just got a chance to try it out.

I go to the Futuremark page, put in my email address and they send me a trial key (only needed my email, so was quick and easy).

I then downloaded the client and installed it.

At first I was getting page not found and DLL errors when starting it up. It also would not recognize my trial key on the first try. I messed around with this for a bit. Then realized this Futuremark browser was using my default browser, Firefox, and AdBlocker was messing it up. Though it did run with the errors. Once I switched IE to the default browser, the Futuremark errors went away and the trial key was recognized on the first try.

I also found if you have access to a different email address, you can get a different trial key and run the test again. So it seems your trials are just limited to the number of email accounts you can create.

damn great, people here just hate 3dmark and future mark, just like me.

back in '03 version, their score got cheated by both ati and nvidia via so-called optimization, while i'm not really putting the blame on ati or nvidia (apart from "why make optimization for benchmark? make that for real games please"), 2900xt score on '06 compared to 8800gtx just disgusting and just showing how lame their benchmark is.

Nope I didn't even download the new 3dmark. When I get Crysis running at 60fps avg @ 1920x1200 All Very High with 4x AA and 16x AF then I know I have a fast video card. Crysis really is the only 3d benchmark you need.

I love how the boat in the first bench has Sapphire logos all over it. Gee, I wonder which cards get better scores?

ATI? Couldn't be!

Heh i tried to use free version but it's alreay 12 hours and my trial key still haven't arrived :D

Probably not beyond the trial run. It's going to be dominated by SLi and Crossfire setups, so it's kinda pointless for me.

My favorite futuremark bench of all time remains 01. I mean that was the one I enjoyed most while watching it run.

There are dozens of cracks out already, but they are probably trojans :D:D

That's what virtual PC is for :p

I certainly won't be paying for it. Futuremark have effectively excluded themselves from the enthusiest community. Any Vantage score we see in reviews will mean little to nothing at all to most people since we won't have our own reference point to compare it to. Right now, when I see a review of a card getting 15k 3dmark06 points, it has meaning, since I know my machine can score 13.5k.

This will be about as successful as the PS3 starting price of $600

i'lI steal it !! just joking looks even worse than 3dmark 2005 seriously why buy this crap when you can run crysis bench which looks better and probably will give you higher fps :)

I love how the boat in the first bench has Sapphire logos all over it. Gee, I wonder which cards get better scores?

ATI? Couldn't be!

Yeah, but the odd thing is no DX10.1 tests in the benchmark, which would of course favor ATI. So I guess Sapphire just paid them some money for the advertising. :)

Plus the Sapphire branding is tacky as hell. I wonder how much more ridiculously better ATI cards do in this 'bench' compared with their consistently-faster-in-the-real-world Nvidia brethren.

Can we get a screenshot of FRAPS side by side w/ ATI and NV's latest there? That'd be fun times.

Ran it once,scored 10k+,did'nt want to pay for nor run again,uninstalled and gargled afterwards..They hit rock bottom with this one..Ill keep 06 installed as I feel it has more use than this Vantage pile..

i will have vista from WFP and my new system when i can get a 4800 :)

but i voted no

Back