Windows 10 ear rape noise on startup

ZodaEX

Supreme [H]ardness
I picked up Starfield a couple of weeks ago and so far haven't figured out the trick to get it running on Windows 7. So in the meantime I installed Windows 10 onto my 1TB HDD in order to be able to boot into it when I want to play Starfield.
However I'm having an issue with Windows 10 where in Startup, Windows 10 makes an insanely loud "ding" sound to inform me that the Windows firewall is turned off
The problem is that this ding noise is 10 times as loud as anything else that ever happens. I've had my ears blasted out three times now by this. Is anyone here familiar with Windows 10 and willing to help me fix this issue of the ear rape noise on startup? I think I might already have some hearing damage from It. :(

I picked up Starfield a couple of weeks ago and so far haven't figured out the trick to get it running on Windows 7. So in the meantime I installed Windows 10 onto my 1TB HDD in order to be able to boot into it when I want to play Starfield.
However I'm having an issue with Windows 10 where in Startup, Windows 10 makes an insanely loud "ding" sound to inform me that the Windows firewall is turned off
The problem is that this ding noise is 10 times as loud as anything else that ever happens. I've had my ears blasted out three times now by this. Is anyone here familiar with Windows 10 and willing to help me fix this issue of the ear rape noise on startup? I think I might already have some hearing damage from It. :(
Enable the firewall. Problem solved :) and your rig is safer.

Turn on the firewall. Or turn down your speakers when you shut off your pc

Open up the Volume Mixer. You can adjust the "System Sounds" volume independently of other programs and apps, or even mute it.

SystemSounds.jpg

Back