Windows key not working? This is driving me nuts.

KrapHead

n00b
Alright, so this is my first post on this wonderful forum.
I was thinking you guys might be able to help me out with this stupid issue im having with my (relatively fresh <3 wks) current install of Server 2003 Enterprise. My freaking windows key on my keyboard won't work. :rolleyes: Now, being a shortcut-key lover, this has me all in a tizzy trying to figure out WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED. Its not my keyboard, because I've tried 2 others with windows keys to no avail. I've googled how to re-enable the key, and all I find are posts about how to disable the damn thing. :mad: Think somebody could help me out with this? It just started happening out of the blue. :confused:
Thanks

Fark_Maniac said:
you talking about the windows shortcuts not working ? or your product key?
:laughs: good lord, when you read things, does any of it get retained? He said the windows key on his keyboard.

it wasn't the cleanest engrish, so I tried to get the main idea...skipped over that part.

Are there any drivers that you *might* be able to update to?

Morphos said:
:laughs: good lord, when you read things, does any of it get retained? He said the windows key on his keyboard.
Never been able to see the forest through the trees eh? Give it time... ;) This was posted in the wrong forums (reason for the confusion), this is the OS forum, for OS issues, the OPs issue is likely a hardware problem with the keyboard.

Does the keyboard have 2 windows keys, one on each side of the space bar? Does the other key word? Does another keyboard, with a working windows key, work on your machine?

None of you people read :D. He tried 2 other keyboards. None are working. My only suggestions is try to upgrade drivers somehow/somewhere. What kind of keyboards are they? Just a standard one, or something like Logitech or another special kind?

EDIT Try This:
http://home.austin.rr.com/justinbrady/winkey.htm

Also try tweak UI

woah, i go off to set up my sig and i get all kinds of replies. :cool:
its a basic microsoft internet keyboard (with windows keys on both sides ;) )
I installed intellitype to no avail.... i also tried out several different keyboard drivers.
I'll try out those registry patches in a sec. thx! :D

omg, after a quick reboot :rolleyes: I CAN OPEN RUN QUICKLY AGAIN!
Thanks a lot Direwolf20 in particular, but eveybody as well :D

Direwolf20 said:
None of you people read :D. He tried 2 other keyboards. None are working.
:eek:

I do this all the time... Reading 5 threads on 2 sites, and working (taking calls, remoting to machine, 250 emails/day), playing a web game, all at the same time.

Miss that one important line where the OP specificaly says I tried XYZ. :D

Hehe i was just teasin you Phoenix :).

Glad you got it working Kraphead :D .

By the way, what is that orange head guy :eek: supposed to be doing anyway? He always looks like hes yawning to me... (Sorry for double post, hit "reply" instead of "edit". Phoenix isn't the only one who doesn't pay attention cause hes doing multiple things)

I know you were teasing, that's why the stupid orange head, it's supposed to be embarassment (hover over the icon in a new post). :D

Back