Windows x64 Printer list

daragon

Limp Gawd
I recently made the switch to Windows x64 and found out that my printer doesn't have 64 bit drivers. In fact, most printers don't yet. I've been looking around for a while now and I can't find a list of printers known to have 64 bit drivers, so I decided to make one.

64 Bit Drivers Exist:
Drivers built into Windows x64

64 Bit Drivers Do Not Exist:
Konica Minolta Page Pro 1350w

If you KNOW of a printer that has drivers please post it and I will update the list (kinda empty as of now). If you know where to get the driver that would be helpful to post as well.

I know some workarounds exist, so if you have one that you KNOW to work for a printer I will add it to the main post and add the printer to the list

Edit: Sorry, should have been more specific. This list is for printers whose drivers are not built into windows. The manufacturers that are gracious enough to have 64 bit drivers on their sites.

daragon said:
In fact, most printers don't have them yet.
x64 printer support is actually pretty good (2,799 printer drivers ship with x64). I'm in the same boat as you though. My old Lexmark E210 doesn't have 64-bit drivers. I just bought a newer printer when it was cheap and my E210 starter cartridge is finally worn out after 4.5 years and 3 refills anyways.

The list is way too big to post here, but check out this page: http://pxc.batcave.net/x64printerdriverlist.html

Some appear to be repeated because there are different versions. I cut out the rest of the driver line to shorten the list and avoid other problems.

edit: IF YOU DON'T SEE YOUR PRINTER IN THE ABOVE LIST, CHECK THE MANUFACTURER'S SITE BEFORE COMPLAINING ABOUT A LACK OF DRIVERS :p

I was afraid that my semi new Canon Pixma IP4000 wouldn't work, grrr

98EXL said:
I was afraid that my semi new Canon Pixma IP4000 wouldn't work, grrr
Those are only the drivers included on the x64 CD. Canon has x64 drivers for your printer on their site.

oh wow, so my lazyness paid off, thanks for the info sir, I guess I can hook it back up now

pxc said:
IF YOU DON'T SEE YOUR PRINTER IN THE ABOVE LIST, CHECK THE MANUFACTURER'S SITE BEFORE COMPLAINING ABOUT A LACK OF DRIVERS :p
But...but.....but....it's easier to just complain!

Nice domain by the way...I got a laugh out of that.

I have a pagepro too.........I just send the files to another computer and print off of it though :D

Back