Windows XP CD broken

Le037

Limp Gawd
My mom broke my windows xp cd. I wanted to install it on her laptop since I'm no longer using it and since she's running vista which makes the laptop really slow. Since I still have the serial number, is it the same thing if I just download a windows xp iso from the internet and burn it on a dvd? And btw, the cd that's broken contained windows xp in portuguese. Will the serial number work on windows xp in english?

You need to download the EXACT version of windows you had before....i beleive that language does matter(not 100% sure), though if you have a Home key, you need a Home .iso........

and unless your running vista pre-sp1......it shouldnt be slow on your moms laptop.....vista ran relativly smooth on my old socket 754 setup with 512ram......

You need to download the EXACT version of windows you had before....i beleive that language does matter(not 100% sure), though if you have a Home key, you need a Home .iso........

and unless your running vista pre-sp1......it shouldnt be slow on your moms laptop.....vista ran relativly smooth on my old socket 754 setup with 512ram......

So you mean I need to dl the exact same version of windows xp as the broken cd or the serial number won't work? Btw, what do you mean by Home.iso? And another question, what are you supposed to do if you want to format your laptop and keep the OS (in this case Vista) since laptops don't come with OS CDs. Or am I mistaken?

Back