Windows XP Not Working Need Help Please...

AlphexHunter

Limp Gawd
Whenever I attempt startup, I receive this message:

We apologize for the inconvenience, but Windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this.

If your computer stopped responding, restarted unexpectedly, or was automatically shut down to protect your files and folders, choose Last Known Good Configuration to revert to the most recent settings that worked.

If a previous startup attempt was interrupted due to a power failure or because the Power or Reset button was pressed, or if you aren't sure what caused the problem, choose Start Windows Normally.

Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode with Command Prompt
Last Known Good Configuration (your most recent settings that worked)
Start Windows Normally

Use the up and down arrow keys to move the highlight to your choice.

Seconds until Windows starts: 30

Now every time I try to move up and down my keyboard gets completely frozen I can't move at all! But I can access my Bios. I do not mind reformating and ereasing all my Data since I back up all my important files.

Now I have put my Boot to "CD-ROM" to boot from Windows XP to attempt to format but when every it says "press any key to continue boot from cd" I try clicking every button on my keyboard including the F8 and I go right back to the windows message where it completely gets stuck!... So now I am stuck I can't even format the hard drive to make it work...

I really need help guy's!
Hope to hear some comment soon I really need it..

is your keyboard USB? have another keyboard to try?

No part of Windows is active at the menu so this will be down to hardware or CMOS config.
If a PS2 keyboard doesnt work, try clocking the PC a bit slower to see if it helps.
This might give a direction to troubleshoot.

The keyboard works fine because in the beginning of the windows startup when I click F1 I can access BIOS... so I don't think it has anything to do with my keyboard.

I think I am going to sell my current hard drive and get a new one... I think this is the easiest way to solve this problem....

Ok guy's, I really need help with this problem.

I forget to mention in the first post, that I had changed the motherboard and Power Supply in this computer.
Now I did not know this but I have to format if I change the motherboard....

Now I've bought a new Hard Drive thinking it would immediately solve this problem.....
Well It didn't I still get the same message and it freezes at the same place!

I disabled all the other boot options expect Boot #1 to CD-ROM. For some reason Windows XP simply won't boot.

I really need help guy's!..

Back