Winter. Time to Fold!

velusip

[H]ard|Gawd
I couldn't fold much over the summer due to heat. With the bad insulation in my apartment (all wood) my old GPU (8800GT) was getting really sketchy. In with the cold and a new GTX 260 folding is in full force!

Central heating provided by AMD, nVidia, and Stanford University.

Hell ya, Ive got Intel aswell, they make a good heat company, and can't forget Sony, they are the sole keepers of the bedroom!!

Welcome back, we can use all the help we can get right now.

I'm coming back soon. Sorry for my sudden, unannounced, and completely unexpected departure a few months ago. I don't have any D right now but this will be resolved in a couple weeks with two Quad cores at the very least. One will be a Windows 7 workstation/gaming boxen for me and the other will be a Linux server where I can devote at least 3 cores full-time to the [H]orde. Workstation will have at least 2 full time cores devoted to the [H]orde.

Tobit - Good to hear from you man. Glad you hear your still around.

Tobit, nice to see you again. We had an APV out on you in the DC-Vault thread. :D

Thanks guys. I don't have much for hardware right now but will be scrounging the FS forum on the first of the month. Also trying to decide if I want to dedicate my efforts to just FAH or also branch out to some other projects as well. I will probably do FAH, OGR-27, and RC5-72 to start with. I no longer have the Core i7 beast. Don't ask. :(

I only have two empty mid-towers, an Antec Signature 650W PSU, and a single 8800GT for spare hardware right now.

Anything is beter than nothing man, and were glad its under 33 ( or whatever number whatever you end up running uses lol )

That 8800GT will push decent points.

I won't ask what happened but it sounds like you released the magic white smoke.

I won't ask what happened but it sounds like you released the magic white smoke.
naww, just sold it and now kicking myself. I have major OCD and had a new hobby teasing me and foolishly sold all my D to fund it. Now I'm bored with that other hobby and want a bunch of D again. I don't know why I do this, computers have been my main hobby for over 20 years. I always manage to come back to it though so you'd think I'd learn my lesson. I'm on new meds now so maybe that will help. :rolleyes: :eek: :confused:

naww, just sold it and now kicking myself. I have major OCD and had a new hobby teasing me and foolishly sold all my D to fund it. Now I'm bored with that other hobby and want a bunch of D again. I don't know why I do this, computers have been my main hobby for over 20 years. I always manage to come back to it though so you'd think I'd learn my lesson. I'm on new meds now so maybe that will help. :rolleyes: :eek: :confused:

I've just stayed on the same meds...

It's getting frosty outside, here in Central (ish) California. Maybe I'll try some OC to keep warm 'till the 9600GSO arrives.

two things you should never get rid of no matter what...
1. Your D
2. Your Guns
Been there myself and always kicked myself for it later!

So in other words, you found a mistress and you've been cheating on us with that dirty whore hobby. :D

Cool! I knew boxen already just from the context everyone uses it in. But I first encountered "D" with one of Alan's questions in event 2 of Kendraks contest.

Thanks!

I'm sorry for the n00b question; what's "D"? :confused::eek:

The proper way to "D"

Get a Boxen. After you have a Boxen it will get lonely since it does not have other Boxen to fold with. So add another Boxen, since two is better than one. Now that you have added a Boxen to your Boxen it only makes sense to add another, prime numbers are lucky with Boxen. Now that you have started you collection of Boxen one simply can't stop there so add more Boxen to you growing collection of Boxen. You Boxen will beget more Boxen and the lord will bless the Boxen. The Boxen will grow and multiply and become self aware Boxen. The Boxen will be called Skynet and the Boxen known as Skynet will rule the earth made of Boxen.

The proper way to "D"

Get a Boxen. After you have a Boxen it will get lonely since it does not have other Boxen to fold with. So add another Boxen, since two is better than one. Now that you have added a Boxen to your Boxen it only makes sense to add another, prime numbers are lucky with Boxen. Now that you have started you collection of Boxen one simply can't stop there so add more Boxen to you growing collection of Boxen. You Boxen will beget more Boxen and the lord will bless the Boxen. The Boxen will grow and multiply and become self aware Boxen. The Boxen will be called Skynet and the Boxen known as Skynet will rule the earth made of Boxen.

Damn

You beat me to it:p

Gotta be better then Celeron D:eek:! - or Duron... that is why I tend to buy future-proof motherboards, not sockets that die out with 1 generation of CPU...

haha, same here!

Durons, those would get, what, 10PPD if that? :D

Every little bit helps though!

will someone install the uniprocessor client on their WinMo device

I would like to know if cell phones can fold.

68 PPD on my Atom, I guess thats the smallest device so far... and thats with a 30% OC too!

The XScale (used to be Intel Xscale) is a 400mhz atom... less because it's not even full x86.

Actually, the Xscale is an ARM chip, not an x86 (which atom is). And there is no client for the ARM architecture.

Ah... I'm sorry. I meant to say it was in-order, and simple like the Atom, but also:
slower (clock speed)
and
not even full x86 (ARM is a stripped down x86, I used to do a bit of game engine programming for my trusty h4150 iPaq ;))

Ah... I'm sorry. I meant to say it was in-order, and simple like the Atom, but also:
slower (clock speed)
and
not even full x86 (ARM is a stripped down x86, I used to do a bit of game engine programming for my trusty h4150 iPaq ;))

ARM programmer you say? So maybe you can tell me, what do I have to do to get Windows Mobile (or anything else interesting) on a VSmile? :D

I don't think that device is ARM (I only did ARM, not MIPS or that SH3).

Either way, it's all on my Win2k Adv 2U server in the garage... I haven't used that coppermine in over 3 years, now, since I got my laptop!

Besides... hackit with a picoITX board?:D Folding on my vtech... lol.

I was rather ticked my 16mb of ROM (programmable) could not hold Windows mobile 5, not even 2003se, so I am stuck on vanilla 2003...

Back