Wireline IP Cameras

samm

[H]ard|Gawd
The idea is to rig up a security camera setup, but enabling my computer to act as a hub instead of having a separate hub/dvr.

Now I dont have the best wifi available, so Im trying to go wired. Now I heard one can use wireline cameras same principla has using the powerline ethernet adapters.

Anyone have a link to this kinda of camera?

They have power over ethernet cameras. Very simple to setup, just one cat5e cable and you are set to go. Although you will need some sort of capture card that has enough ethernet ports for your cameras.

PoE NVR's have this capability.

Something like this? http://overseas.hikvision.com/us/Products_accessries_10531_i8708.html They can be run with a single network drop for both network and power and can record directly to a CIFS/SMB share if you don't want to use some kind of DVR software. You'd need to have something that supplies POE for them however, such as a switch with it built in or a separate injector ("Powerline ethernet adapters" are typically only for running network across power lines, they wouldn't work in this type of situation, different use) such as these.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
i run an OLD ubiquiti bullet cam through a monoprice powerline ethernet adapter out in my shed.... works great... been up for..... 4 or 5 years? hasn't needed a reboot once...

Last edited:
Back