WoW: TBC Release Date Announced! Official

Yes it kinda sucks that it is taking longer but at least Blizzard aint in a rush to get it out regardless of quality like some other games.

It should be no big surprise that the release date is behind the anticipated release date. Blizzard has never come close to releasing a game on time.

Is anyone who quit planning to pickup their account again? I had no intention too, but its becoming rather tempting now ;)

Not surprised but still sucks.

I know a few people will be coming back...some of us never left :)

Some talk about bringing back the hard on stormscale as well since the raid numbers will be in line with the peopel we had in that guild. Not sure how many responded.....Seleste any word?

i'll be coming back for the expansion. I'd rather they finish it and iron out all the bugs before releasing it anyway.

rapid said:
Is anyone who quit planning to pickup their account again? I had no intention too, but its becoming rather tempting now ;)

Hell no. Quitting WoW was one of the best things I've done as far as my gaming history goes. This expansion doesn't look too exciting in my opinion.

What's the exact date... I can't click on the link cause I'm at work at it's blocked... and my proxy is down. ;)

My girlfriend is gonna be pissed. She wants to play it.

Wait... Blizz is postponing a game's release date?! But, but, their track record for releasing games on time is so stellar.... :rolleyes:

I'm not a Blizz hater by any means, I just find it amusing that anyone was surprised by this.

@Astral: The post just says January 2007. Full text:

IRVINE, Calif. -- Blizzard Entertainment® today announced that the release date for World of Warcraft®: The Burning Crusade™, the highly anticipated expansion for World of Warcraft, will be in January 2007. By adding a few extra weeks to the development cycle beyond its original target date, Blizzard will be able to extend the closed beta test and further refine the new content that will ship with the game.

“We appreciate the enthusiasm surrounding World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade, and we’re excited about putting the finishing touches on all of the new content,” said Mike Morhaime, president and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “We feel confident that the extra time spent polishing the game will result in the high-quality experience that our players expect and deserve.”

Blizzard began the closed-beta phase of testing on World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade earlier this month. The January 2007 release window will allow extra time for current beta testers to participate in the final stages of development and continue providing valuable feedback.

Further information on specific worldwide release dates, pricing, and other details will be announced in the near future.

saan44 said:
Wait... Blizz is postponing a game's release date?! But, but, their track record for releasing games on time is so stellar.... :rolleyes:

I'm not a Blizz hater by any means, I just find it amusing that anyone was surprised by this.
I don't see suprise anywhere here.

Bastards! Oh well, it might influence me to try to find a guild to run with for a little while.

Just hit Revered with Stormpike last night, so all I'm really looking to do is farm gold for my epic riding skill.

saan44 said:

Ah, ok. Thanks for that. :)

Seelenlos said:
Not surprised but still sucks.

I know a few people will be coming back...some of us never left :)

Some talk about bringing back the hard on stormscale as well since the raid numbers will be in line with the peopel we had in that guild. Not sure how many responded.....Seleste any word?

/wave

and now I'm off to troll sins forums some more

/cue theme music

saan44 said:

They are not postponing anything, this is the first release date they have ever given, anything else told to you by a retailer or the like was just a guess when it was coming out.

Redshirt #24 said:
Wonderful. So WoW:TBC will be hitting stores at around the same time as Supreme Commander... :(

thats why you should have two computers :)

I just reopened my account on Blackhand. I got a taste of the large guild, end-game raiding and didn't care for it much, so I figured I would go back to my roots of casual play. One of my goals with WoW is to have all of the armor sets for my class and I just completed Valor and one my to Heroism.

Also figured that I would grind some faction rep while I waited. Sucks that the expansion was delayed, but it gives me some more time to get some additional rep and save some money.

I was goning to buy it becasue, but I stopped playing months ago. It's just the same thing race to 70 and start rading for 4 hours every day.

Yay! I want that again :)

Any idea on the cost? I think anyone who has maintained an account since they bought the original should get it for free....

I imagine it is either going to be most likely 49.99 or at the best 29.99 possibly without a free month involved :eek:

CodeX said:
Any idea on the cost? I think anyone who has maintained an account since they bought the original should get it for free....

Best Buy had it listed at 39.99 on their preorder.

rapid said:

I intend to. I stopped playing over a year ago and now all of my gear is too far behind to start playing again. However, thanks to the massive shift in the quality of gear I have seen so far, it won't be so much of a problem. Hell, maybe even my guild will take me back.

im sure pc game publishers releasing games this holliday season are all breathing a collective sigh of relief.

Stammer said:
Not tempted to play again at all, WoW is a horrible game.
I have friend that hates wow, he couldn't get past lvl 12. Its a fun game you just cant get sucked in like most people do.

Redshirt #24 said:
Wonderful. So WoW:TBC will be hitting stores at around the same time as Supreme Commander... :(

won't even be looking at the BC box, nothing about it is exciting what so ever other then the new PVP arena, and that is about it, but I sure as hell am not going back to the boring raid styles, or leveling architecture of that game to get where I need to be just to play in the arena.

SupCom on the other hand is increadibly interesting and I for one cannot wait to get it a whirl.

I can't wait for it. I have been playing WoW since the day it came out, and I still enjoy it. I seem to see many arguments for "why the game sucks", but IMO they seem to fall into one of two categories. The first being from people who have never played an MMO, or want WoW to be something other then an MMO, and those from people who seem to lack self control yet hold the game at fault.

I enjoy raiding, and I look forward to the new raids in the expansion. Raiding does not require a person to raid everyday. The guild I am in raids 2 - 3 times a week, for a maximum of 4 hours, and we are doing well in AQ40 and Nax.

I actually started playing back in 2004, but stopped playing because the game had much content that I was easily overwhelmed. I just picked up the account about 1 month ago and this time around I am enjoying the game a lot more. I am looking forward to TBC because of the token system and the quality of items you get from quests and 5 man instances. From what I have heard, PvE is geared more towards the casual crowd, which is a good thing for me. All I have to do is get to 60 before TBC comes out and pick up level 60 gear in the Outlands that is close to if not better than Tier 2 sets.

Also, the price for TBC is going to be $39.99.

Chelica said:
I actually started playing back in 2004, but stopped playing because the game had much content that I was easily overwhelmed. I just picked up the account about 1 month ago and this time around I am enjoying the game a lot more. I am looking forward to TBC because of the token system and the quality of items you get from quests and 5 man instances. From what I have heard, PvE is geared more towards the casual crowd, which is a good thing for me. All I have to do is get to 60 before TBC comes out and pick up level 60 gear in the Outlands that is close to if not better than Tier 2 sets.

Also, the price for TBC is going to be $39.99.
PvE won't be geared more toward the casual crowd. If anything, it is less geared towards the casual crowd with lower caps. 25 people means everyone needs to pull their weight that much more and giving some item to someone who you only see once in a blue moon will hurt progression more.

Of course, initially the casual crowd will be plenty happy with a lot of new instances to run. However, these instances will quickly turn into the level 70 versions of Scholo, Strath, and friends as these same people continually run them and have nothing to look forward to beyond them.

Don't let the quality of the new mid 60's gear fool you. You're not going to become some god of war on the battlefield with it able to compete against raiders. While the new gear may easily eclipse tier 2 in many cases, people who raid and put more time into the game are going to have even better gear. There is still going to be a significant differential between casual players' gear and raiders' gear.

dotK said:
PvE won't be geared more toward the casual crowd. If anything, it is less geared towards the casual crowd with lower caps. 25 people means everyone needs to pull their weight that much more and giving some item to someone who you only see once in a blue moon will hurt progression more.

Of course, initially the casual crowd will be plenty happy with a lot of new instances to run. However, these instances will quickly turn into the level 70 versions of Scholo, Strath, and friends as these same people continually run them and have nothing to look forward to beyond them.

Don't let the quality of the new mid 60's gear fool you. You're not going to become some god of war on the battlefield with it able to compete against raiders. While the new gear may easily eclipse tier 2 in many cases, people who raid and put more time into the game are going to have even better gear. There is still going to be a significant differential between casual players' gear and raiders' gear.
I don't think there will be that big a of difference, yes there will be one and it will matter but I think blizz is trying to adjust the gear in the expansion so that people are on a more equal playing ground. Look at a warrior in blue compared to anything epic, blue warriors are weak, but an epic warrior rocks, I believe the are going to fix this with the expansion. I think its also geared more to casuals now too. Some of the teir 4 set drops in the 5, and 10 mans, which I would consider to be casual. If you have been reading about the token system you will be able to gear up faster because you wont have drops that nobody needs.

Just remember the marketing campaign for the original World of Warcraft. WoW was supposed to be the MMO geared towards the more casual player .... how did that work out?

I would take any propaganda, released by Blizzard, with a grain of salt.

dotK said:

I so disagree with you on it not being geared to the casual player, I think it is geared toward them. One of the big things casuals dislike about the end game raids right now is they can not get 40 people together to raid, or they dont want to deal with the nightmare it can be to get those 40 people to work together. A smaller group is more fun for a lot of people. Has nothing to do with them being able to pull their own weight.

With the lower numbers needed to do the raids and being able to do the raids in smaller chunks, some can be done under 2 hours, this will do nothing but help close the gap between casuals and the hardcore raiders.

Sure hardcore groups will get the loot faster but at least casuals can now get the same loot. Before they didn't have a chance, now they do even if it is slower pace compared to people on and raiding every night of the week.

munkle said:
I don't think there will be that big a of difference, yes there will be one and it will matter but I think blizz is trying to adjust the gear in the expansion so that people are on a more equal playing ground. Look at a warrior in blue compared to anything epic, blue warriors are weak, but an epic warrior rocks, I believe the are going to fix this with the expansion. I think its also geared more to casuals now too. Some of the teir 4 set drops in the 5, and 10 mans, which I would consider to be casual. If you have been reading about the token system you will be able to gear up faster because you wont have drops that nobody needs.
Karazahn is supposed to be "difficult." Tier 4 will drop there but the casuals will cry that the instance is too hard or whatever and won't get it or will take a very long time to get it.

Seelenlos said:
I so disagree with you on it not being geared to the casual player, I think it is geared toward them. One of the big things casuals dislike about the end game raids right now is they can not get 40 people together to raid, or they dont want to deal with the nightmare it can be to get those 40 people to work together. A smaller group is more fun for a lot of people. Has nothing to do with them being able to pull their own weight.
Casual players give a myriad of different reasons for not being able to raid. I think the "I like small raids" is often more of a "I suck and nobody wants to raid with me." People make similar excuses about the AWP in CS; "I don't use the AWP because it's cheap" is often more of a "I don't use the AWP because I suck with it and suck at the game in general." Some people do like doing things with a small group of friends, but I think those people are far and few between once they experience raiding with a good guild.

Most people who play WoW CAN'T pull their own weight. I would estimate that probably 80% (if not more, I can easily see 90%) of all WoW players suck at the game. This dead weight can be dragged along now because there are a lot of other players to make up for their lack of performance. With 10 and 25 man instances there is a lot less people to make up for their lack of performance.

Seelenlos said:
With the lower numbers needed to do the raids and being able to do the raids in smaller chunks, some can be done under 2 hours, this will do nothing but help close the gap between casuals and the hardcore raiders.
While the quicker instances may help, it won't address a lot of the other reasons casuals don't get epic gear. Mainly, they don't have the attitude for it. Casual players begged for the longest time that they wanted something hard but easily accessible that would reward epics. The 45 min Baron run comes along and what happens? They bitch that they failed it once so it's clearly too hard, that it needs to be nerfed, that requiring flasks and potions is insane, etc. With this kind of attitude they're never going to get good gear. Raiding guilds pour hundreds of gold and many, many hours into attempting some encounters and don't give up. Casuals don't have what it takes.

Seelenlos said:
Sure hardcore groups will get the loot faster but at least casuals can now get the same loot. Before they didn't have a chance, now they do even if it is slower pace compared to people on and raiding every night of the week.
They still won't have a chance. They may be able to get tier 4 once very detailed videos of every strategy is released and they have some experienced players join their guilds, but they most likely won't ever see much tier 5 and most definitely won't even begin to touch tier 6. Casual players will hit a brick wall (the new Vael and Razorgore) and progression for them will stall while raiders will continue to progress.

Sky15 said:
I was goning to buy it becasue, but I stopped playing months ago. It's just the same thing race to 70 and start rading for 4 hours every day.

Yay! I want that again :)
I am with this guy, I got sick of doing those raids every night. I plan to never be back. I already deleted the game from my computer and threw the disc's in the trash.

I quit in February. I was going to go back for a look at BC as I had some spare time in December but it doesn't look like I will now. Funniest thing is that because of the gear available it wouldn't take long to bring myself close in gear to the people that have been raiding constantly for the last 10 months. :D

Back