WTB: Laptop Computer Immediately

solaris54

2[H]4U
This is a long shot. My son at San Francisco State can not get his laptop to work.
They have essays and finals due next week. He really need a laptop immediately.
He tells me it is hard to use the computers in the library because there is a time limit.
I don't have one to send right now.

He just needs an inexpensive laptop with Microsoft Word on it.
It would need to be sent to him right away probably Next Day Air or 2nd Day AIr.
Or if you are in the SFSU area (Daly City) that would even be better.

Please PM me right away. I will give you my phone number give me yours
I don't think I can post mine here.
Also please have good Heatware since timing is critical.

How cheap do you need it? I have a Lenovo ThinkPad T61 I can send for $160 shipped Priority Mail. I live in the SF Bay Area (Fremont) so it would get to him probably next day. Heatware under brinstar117:

http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=2024

T61
Core 2 Duo 2.2GHz
2GB RAM
160GB
14.1" @ 1680x1050

I also have a much older Compaq Presario M2000 with WinXP. $60 shipped Priority Mail.

AMD Turion 64 ML-34 1.8GHz
512MB
40GB
14" 1024x786

Both have Microsoft Office 2007 installed. I have a few other laptops, mostly Thinkpad T400's in varying configurations but they will cost a bit more ($200+)

Wouldn`t it be easier to snag one up from say BestBuy, Walmart, Target, Sears, Costco, Sam's Club, BJ's and any other big box store? I`ve been there with laptop giving up when you need it most, and I cut my losses and went to the clearance section to pick up one for use since this is hassle you don`t need when tests and essays are coming due.

Wouldn`t it be easier to snag one up from say BestBuy, Walmart, Target, Sears, Costco, Sam's Club, BJ's and any other big box store? I`ve been there with laptop giving up when you need it most, and I cut my losses and went to the clearance section to pick up one for use since this is hassle you don`t need when tests and essays are coming due.

It may come to that. He has a fairly new Sony laptop that I think just needs WIndows installed but I can't help him since I'm not close.

He has tried the F8 reinstall but it still won't work.

It may come to that. He has a fairly new Sony laptop that I think just needs WIndows installed but I can't help him since I'm not close.

He has tried the F8 reinstall but it still won't work.

When I used to work uni support most of the time there were techs that helped the students out with things like re-imaging systems, installing software, connecting them to the network, etc. - is there nothing like this (even among the comp sci kids) that could at least get you a good 1st level diagnostic?

What is the Brand,Model name and number of the malfunctioning laptop? Why exactly can he not use it? When he presses the power button,what happens? Just trying to diagnose the problem.

What is the Brand,Model name and number of the malfunctioning laptop? Why exactly can he not use it? When he presses the power button,what happens? Just trying to diagnose the problem.

It is a Sony notebook with Windows 7 installed.
When this first happened a few weeks ago he pressed F8 and reinstalled windows out of the backup.
No he tells me the F8 doesn't work.
It tells him "operating system not found" and makes a clicking noise.

Back