WTB reference 5870 full cover waterblock

Imitation

2[H]4U
Hello I'm interested in getting a second hand, reference 5870 1gb full cover waterblock. Anyone have one gathering dust that they might want to get rid of? I'm interested in about any brand or style except the EK nickel plated ones, I saw too many horror stories about those with bad plating. EK copper would be fine though.

Shoot me an offer! Details and pics are always appreciated :)

Didn't the EK plating issue start around the time the came out with FC blocks for GTX 580s & Radeon HD 6000 series? Basically a while after they previously released the FC blocks for GTX 480s and Radeon HD 5000 series right?

Didn't the EK plating issue start around the time the came out with FC blocks for GTX 580s & Radeon HD 6000 series? Basically a while after they previously released the FC blocks for GTX 480s and Radeon HD 5000 series right?

I'm not sure if it started then or before. I guess if someone has good pics of a block that's taken apart and the nickel is still in good shape, I'd consider it. Likely if the nickel isn't messed up at this point its probably fine. are you saying you've got one available?

I have an ek copper if you may be interested, shoot me a PM with your offer :)

Back