WTB stable DDR2 mem

Valset

Supreme [H]ardness
have an old machine that I fixed up and is giving me a lot of grief. pretty sure its the f$$king balistix tracer mem that I have for it. not looking to put much more in this but if anyone has any laying around...

thanks

Got some matched pairs at home, any chance you have a dead, broken, or bad ESN S3?

Yea Crucial really screwed the pooch with their Balistix line back in the day. Just got through dealing with RMA for 4x1gb of tracers before the weekend. Have to send in the trash sticks and they are upgrading me to 4x2gb instead since they no longer have 1gb modules. You should try and rma them won't cost you anything but shipping to them.

I have two sticks of 1GB OCZ Platinum DDR2-6400

I also have 4* 1GB sticks of Ballistix tracers 8500--they used to run fine on my board, not sure what your issue is--what chipset were you running? I was stable on a 680i & a 780i as well as an Intel one, I think a Gigabyte P45/P43 chipset.

EDIT:
Yea Crucial really screwed the pooch with their Balistix line back in the day. Just got through dealing with RMA for 4x1gb of tracers before the weekend. Have to send in the trash sticks and they are upgrading me to 4x2gb instead since they no longer have 1gb modules. You should try and rma them won't cost you anything but shipping to them.

I do think I RMAed a pair of them back in the day too, actually. Now I wish I had a 775 board I could test these sticks on.

thanks for the replies guys. would like 4gb but I can work with two (friends computer is for basic internet and media windows 7 base) have tried two motherboards, one gigabyte s series ga-ma78gm-s2h and a DFI LP DK 790FX-M2RS as well as two different PSU. only think left is the memory and the cpu (that I know worked before.

don't know if I can RMA them as I have no idea of who had them to start with. not sure its worth it anyways.

thanks guys

I had to send in a pair of DDR2 years ago to Crucial and it was painless. I don't recall being asked for any proof I bought them even though I did.

It might cost you a few bucks to send them in and then when you get new memory back sell it and buy something else.

thanks for the replies guys. would like 4gb but I can work with two (friends computer is for basic internet and media windows 7 base) have tried two motherboards, one gigabyte s series ga-ma78gm-s2h and a DFI LP DK 790FX-M2RS as well as two different PSU. only think left is the memory and the cpu (that I know worked before.

don't know if I can RMA them as I have no idea of who had them to start with. not sure its worth it anyways.

thanks guys
Run memtest on them one at a time and make sure they are indeed the culprit then just head over to crucial and apply for an rma. They usually respond next day and only once per day.

It doesn't matter who had them prior or who originally got them as they truly back their product's LLTW unlike many other companies that you have to have a receipt or have the item registered.

$5.80 priority shipping is better then anyone else is going to charge you for more ram. Might as well jump on the RMA bandwagon and save the dough. :D

Run memtest on them one at a time and make sure they are indeed the culprit then just head over to crucial and apply for an rma. They usually respond next day and only once per day.

It doesn't matter who had them prior or who originally got them as they truly back their product's LLTW unlike many other companies that you have to have a receipt or have the item registered.

$5.80 priority shipping is better then anyone else is going to charge you for more ram. Might as well jump on the RMA bandwagon and save the dough. :D

that was part of the issue. they passed. where they fail is on post, and sporadically. once they are running they do fine. I did find one piece that seems to do it but then the problem returned. to be honest I have never seen this before

all the same I may try it. I have another machine I can put together so can always use another linux machine

thanks again all you guys

Back