WTT: 17" gaming laptop for something smaller

d94

Gawd
well..i bought this a few weeks back and after carrying it around with me, have decided that its just a tad bit big for my liking.

specs: http://www.everex.com/products/xt5000t/xt5000t.htm
Operating System: Genuine Windows Vista™ Home Premium
Display: 17" WXGA+ Widescreen (1440 x 900) with Diamond Brite Technology. Roughly 10% wider then a 15.4" display, the XT5000T provides more viewing area for your desktop applications and the ability to view DVD movies in their original widescreen format (16:10).
Processor: AMD Turion™ 64 X2 Dual Core Mobile Technology TL-50 (1.6GHz) delivers ultra high-performance and low power consumption, ideal for today's multi-tasking applications.
Memory: 1GB DDRII 533 with 2memory slot onboard.
Hard Disk Drive: 100GB provides ample storage for add-on programs, applications, data and multimedia files
Optical Drive: DVD-ROM/DVD-RW Dual Layer drive allows creating, viewing and listening to both DVDs and CDs
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® Go 7600 with 256MB DDR2 Dedicated Video Memory provides best-in-class graphics and performance for video and gaming applications. With advanced 3D, the XT5000T supports Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0 Shader Model 3.0, high dynamic-range (HDR) lighting. ultra-realistic gaming and video application effects, all without compromising performance. Featuring advanced NVIDIA® PureVideo™ technology, the GeForce Go 7600 also brings superb picture clarity and stunning, high-definition video playback.
Audio: HD Audio with built-in stereo speakers and subwoofer provides realistic sound reproduction
I/O Ports: DVI-I and S-Video ports lets you duplicate your XT5000T screen on any television, monitor or external display, (3) USB 2,0 ports , (1) Microphone Port, (1) Headphone Port, (1) IEEE1394 port, (1) ExpressCard 54 provide easy connection for peripheral devices.
Card Reader: 4-in-1 design allows simplified transfer of data from Secure Digital, Multi-Media Card, Memory Stick and Memory Stick Pro, to and from your notebook.
Modem: Built-in 56k Fax/Modem allows for easy dial-up internet access*
LAN: 10/100 Ethernet port allows connection to an Ethernet network or broadband Internet connection*
Wireless LAN: Built-in 802.11b/g wireless LAN allows connection to a wireless access point or broadband router (sold separately)
Pointing Device: 2 Button Glide Pad lets users easily navigate the desktop environment or an external USB mouse can be used (sold separately)
Battery: 6-Cell Rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery averages 2.5 - 3.0 hours of normal computing
iv added a 2nd stick of ram for a total of 2gb
and a 2nd 100gb HD for a total of 200gb of space!
laptop is in new condition, just a few tiny scratches on the outside top of the case.
comes with the charger, battery and a laptop bag i bought:
http://www.targus.com/us/product_details.asp?sku=CPT400

any offers you have, PM me....
one thing to keem in mind, idealy id want the replacement laptop to also have dedicated graphics, but if yours doesnt still shoot me a PM..

i guess ill post a price.. $920 shipped
$750 laptop (including tax + shipping)
$150 in upgrades
$65 bag

I have 2 of them, as long as you don't mind the size/weight to carry around its a kick ass system.

Visit the thread over in Moble Computing with almost 500 posts for all the info on this system.

T

Back