WUXGA on a Laptop

SeetheSeer

Weaksauce
I was wondering how useful WUXGA would be on a laptop. It certainly makes it a lot harder to game on. OTOH, you have a lot more detail. Yet the pixel pitch is EXTREMELY fine @ 140 ppi for a 17inch. I shudder to think of that on a 15.4. Will I have to have my nose 3 inches away from the screen to be able to really use that detail? I'm not doing any photo editing / CAD / other things that require high resolutions.

Just looking for your thoughts on 1920x1200 vs 1680 x 1050 17 inch laptop screens. Experiences, insights, rants, etc.

I had the same concerns, but once I got my E1705 w/ truelife, I've never looked back. The only game I have a problem playing at native resolution so far is Oblivion and it runs OK with medium settings on the overclocked 7900 GS. As far as text and reading things, the LCD is so sharp, it actually is very easy to read text at that res. It's suprising how easy it is on the eyes compared to even a 19" CRT at 1280x1024. This is of course all IMHO. :)

you can but its best to always set it to the screen's native res. i have a 17 in at 1440 x 900 and its perfect for me, i also looked at the wsxga and it was a bit too high for me. it all comes to personal preference.

when your gaming it doesnt matter what res you run it at. you should only run your native res on the desktop

To be honest with you it makes my Dell 17" monitor look rediculous (1280x1024).

I've only had the laptop in my possession for a day and after going on my main PC this afternoon everything looks huge.

I have a 17" WUXGA screen on my laptop...the fonts look small from a distance, but if it's close enough to reach the keyboard, I can read it all fine. (1920x1200)

As for the games, I play HL2 and Prey regularly on it and there are NO issues, looks B-E-A-Utiful.

Back