WWDC 2013 Thread

Mr. Miyagi

2[H]4U
wwdc13-about-main.jpg

The day has finally arrived for the start of Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference.

Times
08:00AM - Hawaii
10:00AM - Pacific
11:00AM - Mountain
12:00PM - Central
01:00PM - Eastern

Live Stream
Apple (Can be viewed on website or Apple TV)

Live Blog
The Verge
Engadget
TWiT
MacRumors
MacRumors Spoiler Free
Ars Technica
9to5 Mac
CNet
Tech Crunch
All Things D
Anandtech

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to everything, but mostly the new Macbook Airs. Here's to hoping they'll be purchasable this week :D

... and the Apple Store is down in preparation :)

Last edited:
oh lawd. OS X Mavericks.

I would have been happy with Sea Lion. Or, my coworker joked, and honestly sounds like it could be good: OS X Cat Fish.

Mini Trash Can. -.-;

But christ, those things sound even more ridiculously powerful. can't wait to see the price. :p

I am not impressed with the new Mac Pro. No internal expansion!

Apple now builds everything like a laptop/mobile device. No slots for upgrades. No HD bays at all. I imagine this will only have memory/CPU sockets and nothing else.

You will also get to pay $2000+ for old Xeons in a non expandable machine. Ugh!

Too flat.

The Mac Pro is a let down.

Oh well, I only buy Apple notebooks nowadays anyway.

I'm not entirely sure I'm thrilled about the new aesthetic in iOS 7 based on what I'm seeing here. I was actually never really bothered by the skeuomorphic elements (iBooks is kind of fun because of its skeuomorphic aspects, although Calendar was always kind of unpleasant to look at), and the direction they're going in with respect to flattening the aesthetic is kind of a hodge-podge of old-school Apple visual complexity and Metro-esque simplicity. It's a harsh transition.

It kind of feels to me like you really need to go either in one direction or the other. Microsoft really went all the way, and it works pretty well. This feels a bit strange, though.

I don't care about the purely visual changes.

What is awesome is the Web OS style card system for multitasking, and the general updates to all the built in apps are just wonderful.

And personally i'm glad they've updated the visual style. iOS looked good back when it first came out, but graphic design changes over time and iOS wasn't staying modern.

IMO, no one has any reason to complain with this new version of iOS.

-Visual updates for the average masses who don't see beyond that anyways and complained about wanting something different. IMO, it looks better now anyways.

-Web OS style card system to see open tasks. This is just awesome. This was the best feature of Web OS.

-All the other small functionality improvements around in all the built in apps.

The new iOS color schemes are gag inducing.

I never said this before, but I finally believe that Apple does need a Steves Jobs to hate on crap, and call it crap before it hits the public.

This change in the visuals looks like a bad knockoff of MS Metro done with worse color scheme.

New control panel thing is slick. Am I the only one who noticed the flashlight icon in it? Finally added in flashlight as a built in thing without having to download a 3rd party app.

The new iOS color schemes are gag inducing.

I never said this before, but I finally believe that Apple does need a Steves Jobs to hate on crap, and call it crap before it hits the public.

This change in the visuals looks like a bad knockoff of MS Metro done with worse color scheme.

I think it looks world better then prior versions. It's following the current graphic design trends. Sorry, but the felt pool table texture in the game center app, and all the other textures found in the stock iOS apps were miserable compared to this. Further, they didn't follow a single design language.

This unifies all the visuals in EVERY app, and more information is presented in the same space as space isn't being wasted for the inept visuals of the current apps.

Could have done without filters. I know some 14 year old kids complained constantly about not having built in filters.. But leave that to 3rd party apps.

As the owner of 3 ipad 3's and 2 iphone 5's. I'm not upgrading. I don't care WTF the current "trends" are, but I hate flat, IO 7 has decent features and LOOKS LIKE SHIT. If I wanted Windows 8 metro on all of my apple devices, I would have just got an Android or Windows phone.

I miss Steve Jobs

I think it looks world better then prior versions. It's following the current graphic design trends. .

94393409349034-3.jpg

Is the current trend Pink and Pastel for little girls. Yuk!

I have a hard time believing people think the new look above is better than what it looks like now:

IOS_6.0_home_screen.png

There is simply no contest. The new look is lower detail, lower contrast and the colors are hideous. Ive should stick to hardware.

I generally don't worry that much about aesthetics but this is so bad, that it will likely push me toward an Android tablet instead of an iPad.

Last edited:
Looks fucking amazing. Very ITC/Swiss.

But the color palette is a little too neon/vibrant.

As the owner of 3 ipad 3's and 2 iphone 5's. I'm not upgrading. I don't care WTF the current "trends" are, but I hate flat, IO 7 has decent features and LOOKS LIKE SHIT. If I wanted Windows 8 metro on all of my apple devices, I would have just got an Android or Windows phone.

I miss Steve Jobs

'decent features'

Web OS style multitasking cards alone makes it a must have upgrade and it is something iOS has needed for YEARS.

itunes radio with ads, no subsciption fee..

ad-less for iTunes match subscribers.

wow, that's kinda awesome.

itunes radio with ads, no subsciption fee..

ad-less for iTunes match subscribers.

wow, that's kinda awesome.

Hopefully they'll increase the 25,000 song limit.

Game controller support for iDevices? Now that's something I did not see coming and excited to see what will be released.

Back