X-Fi Xtrememusic for $79.99 after mail-in rebate at Compusa

Is there any major difference between the three cards available in the Xi-Fi line? I have the THX entry level version, but I'm happy with it :). I'm just wondering if I'm missing something with the higher priced levels :).

The xtrememusic is the entry level version. And no, the only differences are that the two most expensive, (Fatality and Elite Pro) have 64 MB of "X-RAM", and all but the xtrememusic feature an internal drive that includes more input options.

Umm.. another difference is going from the extreme music -> platinum model gets you the front drive bay thing which I really like and IIRC, the difference between the plat, fatality, and the 'super' edition (forgot what it was called) is that both the fatality and super one have a better single to noise ratio, and can play back at a higher bit rate.. and the super one has like a big breakout box that has pretty much everything on it..

It would be nice if Creative released another Limited Gamer Edition, like they did last time with the Audigy 2 ZS. Five full free games that makes the card pratically free. Then I would buy it.

Back