X1950GT AGP @ Newegg

The GT is just more or less an X1950 Pro with slower clocks, correct? Are there any other differences? Haven't done much reading on the GT.

Thanks for posting this by the way. That really is an excellent price and would make a great card for an older AGP system or a casual gamer.

That's what I would have thought, but the Newegg listing shows it having lower clocks, and more pipes (16 pixel pipelines, 48 shader units vs 12 pixel pipelines, 36 shader units).

I wonder if that's accurate? If so, that'd be quite the beast of the card.

EDIT: It's a Newegg goof - only 36 shaders, so it's basically an X1950 Pro with lower clocks.

Is Newegg the only one that sells this thing? I want to buy one for folding, but $166.00 is a bit steep when the PCI-E version is $105AR.

Is this faster then the Pro???

I wonder if Newegg would give me my money back even thought I bought the pro like 2 months ago

Even with the added Pixel Pipelines? Not to mention you can probably overclock the GT, the Pro is stuck at stock speeds

It has the same pixel shaders and pipes as the Pro. Just lower clocks. NewEgg screwed up the specs. See post 4 of this thread.

Even with the added Pixel Pipelines? Not to mention you can probably overclock the GT, the Pro is stuck at stock speeds

Stuck at "Stock Speeds"...?

Read my sig... ;)

(I've had it higher but with stock cooling it overheats... :p )

PS:
As honestjohn has already mentioned, check out post #4
about "Actual" Pixel shaders... Newegg goofed... ;)

Stuck at "Stock Speeds"...?

Read my sig... ;)

(I've had it higher but with stock cooling it overheats... :p )

PS:
As honestjohn has already mentioned, check out post #4
about "Actual" Pixel shaders... Newegg goofed... ;)

How did you overclock? Seems like luck of the draw with these cards.
edit: Dang you newegg for mixing up the numbers!

GT:
16(48 Pixel shader processor)

Pro:
12(36 Pixel shader processor)

It has the same what?

GT:

Pro:

XT and XTX:
16(48 Pixel Shader Processors)

Also regarding the Sapphire X1950 Pro 512MB. Had mIne for 3 months and it overclocked fine to 620 Mhz. Core / 1480 Mhz. Mem - effective on stock cooling using ATI Tray Tools and FAN set to 90%.

Regarding the X1950GT and it's "overclockability" if that's a word. Saw "one" guy's review on NewEgg which said his GT was very overclockable, but that's just one guy. I wouldn't be suprised if they were making the X1950GT's using RV570 cores that couldn't cut it at Pro clock speeds. <--- Just a reasonable assumption with no basis in fact.

That's the nature of the AGP beast. We pay more.

If this thing was ~$110 it would make sense, but not $166. I might as well go C2D on my file server unless the PPD is adjusted for the GPU client. I wish the X1650 got more PPD.

If this thing was ~$110 it would make sense, but not $166. I might as well go C2D on my file server unless the PPD is adjusted for the GPU client. I wish the X1650 got more PPD.

AGP pricing never makes sense. Just look at the X1950 Pro AGP cards. Might as well go C2D becuase I don't think you'll ever see the X1950GT listed for $110 (new). The only AGP cards you'll find for that money are the 7300GT's, 7600GS's, X1550's, and a few X1650 Pro's. So if they charged $110 for the X1950GT, how much would those other cards go for? They would have to give them away.

AGP pricing never makes sense. Just look at the X1950 Pro AGP cards. Might as well go C2D becuase I don't think you'll ever see the X1950GT listed for $110 (new). The only AGP cards you'll find for that money are the 7300GT's, 7600GS's, X1550's, and a few X1650 Pro's. So if they charged $110 for the X1950GT, how much would those other cards go for? They would have to give them away.

That's about the size of things !

How did you overclock? Seems like luck of the draw with these cards.
edit: Dang you newegg for mixing up the numbers!

I loaded the 7.1 drivers ONLY...!!!

NO CCC, ATI Tool or ATI Tray Tool... These hang my system...

Then installed Riva Tuner to do all the O'clocking/Temp. Monitoring/Fan Config...

http://downloads.guru3d.com/

It takes a bit of a learning curve to configure Riva but it works great and
doesn't hang my system like the ATI software does...

Then I use this 3D rendering app to stress the settings and I do the monitoring
with Riva...

http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/rthdribl/index.html

honestjohn's the one who pointed me to that renderer... ;)

I've got Riva Tuner v2.0 but just noticed v2.1 is out... I'll have to give it a try... :)

Back