X6 temp monitoring programs

sdy284

Gawd
I've tried coretemp, real temp, CPUID Hardware Monitor, and AMD overdrive, and they all tell me my cores are at 32.2°C, and i'm at 100% load. I'm just using an H50 for cooling so thats not possible

are there any programs that can read the temps on these things?

make sure you have the most updated version.. you can try using speedfan or amd overdrive to confirm the temps..

got your BIOS updated?

HWMonitor appears to be giving me accurate readings

There's been reports that the core reading on the X6 is wrong. A few of the review sites even mentioned this. My X6 has been shown as idling at a temp less than ambient. I'm thinking that the reported temps may be around 7-10C low, by monitoring the socket temp. It's always been 4-6C less than the true core reading. It'll take more time before any problem becomes apparent, as these chips are not going to be selling like hotcakes.

Xbitlabs said:
Unfortunately, we can’t tell you anything about the temperatures of an overclocked Phenom II X6 1090T. The temperature readings reported by the CPU itself are incorrect and the numbers according to all diagnostic utilities are obviously lower than the actual values. Maybe the thermal diode in the first batch of six-core processors wasn’t calibrated right, or maybe this issue should be fixed in the mainboard BIOS. However, we can estimate the thermal and electrical parameters of the overclocked processor knowing that its actual power consumption at 4.0 GHz frequency under peak load is about 260 W

Last edited:
Back