xbox 360 poll

Has your Xbox 360 caused you grief?

• Yes

Votes: 64 29.6%
  • No

Votes: 152 70.4%

• Total voters
beanman101283 said:
There are different degrees of grief though. I voted yes because of the issues i had earlier, but i haven't had to send it back and get a new one. Other people have. It would have been better if the poll had broken out the different levels of problems, but oh well. Isn't the 3-5% the number of people who've had to replace their 360's?

Yeah, as well as the fact that people are going to consider a loud DVD drive a problem.

It is loud (and I apparently have the loudest of the drives they make) but I don't notice it when I'm playing. Maybe if the sound was off and I was sitting closer, but on the 56" I'm probably 7 or 8 feet away and I don't even have the sound very loud. People will complain about anything though.

What problem do you think this is?

While launching Gears of Wars it often hangs just after some minute of gameplay. Can do it several times... But if I get passed that minute it just keeps on going?

Yesterday I couldn´t play dvd movies either...

PGR 3 I drived befoer and other demos no lock ups. Rockstar table tennis today no lock up...

I have the Nyko intercooler now even and don´t think it´s overheating.

oqvist said:
What problem do you think this is?

While launching Gears of Wars it often hangs just after some minute of gameplay. Can do it several times... But if I get passed that minute it just keeps on going?

Yesterday I couldn´t play dvd movies either...

PGR 3 I drived befoer and other demos no lock ups. Rockstar table tennis today no lock up...

I have the Nyko intercooler now even and don´t think it´s overheating.

Well at the very least take off and return that intercooler... That's a 360 death trap in itself.

Been playing the Xbox 360 since the days of Gears of War was released. I've only experienced very rare random "unreadable disc" errors with Gears of War when I play over Xbox Live. Other than that, it runs great with my other Xbox 360 and old Xbox games.

:)

just to report on my little episode....i live in a relatively small texas town (100,000) and i decided to stop fighting for M$ to pay my shipping. i took my little token gift copy of kameo and felt like a bitch slapped hobag.

anyway....i walk into the ups store with my 360 and the lady looks at her workmate and says...."Look, another one." i'm like...."are you kidding me?" she's like there have been a "ton" of ppl shipping 360's off....she even had the address for the repair center in mcallen memorized. she said 3 were brought in yesterday alone. wow.

erf said:
just to report on my little episode....i live in a relatively small texas town (100,000)

100,000 people is not a "relatively small town." At least not in the non-Texas part of the U.S.A.

PWMK2 said:
100,000 people is not a "relatively small town." At least not in the non-Texas part of the U.S.A.
it's 100,000 rednecks so it feels "small". haha.... :cool:

i've decided to bump this poll to see if things have changed.

yeah, things have changed, my launch console (reference my post on the first page) blew and i'm on my second unit, an elite.

I just got back my 360 in the mail from it 3-ringing of death on me.

This is a whole new unit, but it lacks HDMI, which is sad.

Yes the xbox 360 has caused me and countless other gamers grief, the grief of dumbed down, shitty ports!

:p

Nope, and got an Elite and a Premium, both with HD-DVD drives. Anxiously awaiting Halo3 and some 4 player Co-op action!

My launch day core died exactly one year after I bought it, three red lights of death. The exact day Gears came out, I put the game in, started the first level and got to the point where you first encounter the locust and blam, dead. MS replaced it under warranty. (premiums were sold out at launch where I was so I bought a hdd seperate)

Just last month the DVD drive died in my second box, so I am now on my third core system so I hope my problems are over.

*EDIT* Also, I bought my fiance a premium in february of this year, not even a month after it was purchased the DVD drive stopped reading discs and it was replaced under warranty.

Ahck! Necro!

Mine hasn't given me any major grief (aside from a sometimes-unreadable GH2 disk)

Nope, and got an Elite and a Premium, both with HD-DVD drives. Anxiously awaiting Halo3 and some 4 player Co-op action!
here's to hoping that yours doesn't crap out during a halo 3 marathon.

I didn't report the first time so I will :p
I am on my second X360. First one got the dreaded ring of death, took about 3 weeks to get it replaced :(

I am still amazed at how often and how many of these things failed. It blows my mind.:confused:

So we are running at about 38% failure rate here but I figure you factor in the guys who just don't like the X360 and said yes they had problems even though they don't own one we are probably closer to the 30% mark which many report :)

I feel inclined to post, I purchased an Xbox 360 Elite recently . It failed after 1 month of heavy gaming. First it would freeze during boot up randomly , later on that week I got 3 red rings. Another problem is my HD-DVD disc won't play on my 360 , is there a firmware I have to download to play HD-DVD's?

Another problem is my HD-DVD disc won't play on my 360 , is there a firmware I have to download to play HD-DVD's?

Is it a particular movie/disk, or all of them? I remember reading customer reviews on amazon.com that Planet Earth supposedly didn't work on their HD-DVD drive, but then not long after there was an update and now it works. I can't confirm that at one time it wouldn't though. When I bought it for my Dad, sometime after the apparent update, it played fine.

I feel inclined to post, I purchased an Xbox 360 Elite recently . It failed after 1 month of heavy gaming. First it would freeze during boot up randomly , later on that week I got 3 red rings. Another problem is my HD-DVD disc won't play on my 360 , is there a firmware I have to download to play HD-DVD's?

Are you trying to play it in the HD-DVD addon or just the Xbox, because it sounds to me that you're saying you're just using the Xbox. You need the standalone addon in order to play your disc.

The only grief mines caused me is the occasional dvd drive error. Its always fixed by either restarting the xbox, or opening and closing the dvd tray.

it's 100,000 rednecks so it feels "small". haha.... :cool:

Try living in a WI backwoods town of 800 people. The town didn't have any of those fancy things you take for granted, like a gas station. :p If felt like moving to a big city when I moved to my current town of 22,000.

Back on subject, I have a launch window 360 that is still working perfectly. But then again it is hard for it to break when I don't use it. Besides BioShock, ever since I got my Wii back in December I haven't touched it. Only thing I don't like about it is that it has the super loud DVD drive, but I can fix that by just turning up the volume. :cool:

Try living in a WI backwoods town of 800 people. The town didn't have any of those fancy things you take for granted, like a gas station. :p If felt like moving to a big city when I moved to my current town of 22,000.

Back on subject, I have a launch window 360 that is still working perfectly. But then again it is hard for it to break when I don't use it. Besides BioShock, ever since I got my Wii back in December I haven't touched it. Only thing I don't like about it is that it has the super loud DVD drive, but I can fix that by just turning up the volume. :cool:
when i've got a working 360 it gets HEAVY playtime. mine have spent more time at the "repair" center than they have in my entertainment center......i love the software no doubt.....i just need a reliable piece of hardware to enjoy it.

Had no issues with mine, I could add in like 10 more votes for friends that have had 0 issues as well. All of ours are about a year old now (mine is the oldest at about a year and a half old :cool: )

Had no issues with mine, I could add in like 10 more votes for friends that have had 0 issues as well. All of ours are about a year old now (mine is the oldest at about a year and a half old :cool: )
nice. just out of curiosity, how often do you guys use your consoles?

No problems for me so far either. I just sold my launch unit and upgraded to an Elite. Let's hope my new Elite is as good to me as my original was.

P.S. I generally play a maximum of 2 hours at a time, with a more usual session lasting maybe 30 minutes. Too busy these days. :(

Are you trying to play it in the HD-DVD addon or just the Xbox, because it sounds to me that you're saying you're just using the Xbox. You need the standalone addon in order to play your disc.

Sorry I should've been more clear, yes I was using an external HD-DVD player.

Back