XFX pro 750w vs OCZ Z series 850w?

biztyke

2[H]4U
any experience on these? i bought the xfx already for $93, it has a $15 MIR. but now i see the OCZ for $119, with a $30 MIR. i do not put much stock in MIRs, but they are a bonus if they come. just not sure if i should go for the OCZ and return the XFX. the OCZ is 100w more, gold and modular............just want to make sure it lives up to it's claims.

basically, i am ordering the OCZ now, and i will return one. just want opinions on which one, thanks.

I read that OCZ gold is a really good power supply and since there's no big price difference between the two, I have to recommend the OCZ.. it is a better psu than the xfx pro

The XFX is better. The OCZ is slightly more efficient and has a higher capacity. I would keep the XFX.

thanks guys. split vote though, still not sure.

zero, why do you say the XFX is better? you list positives for the OCZ but recommend the XFX.

i will say this, i have read nothing but positive reviews for the OCZ(and likewise the XFX), all of them citing excessive price as the only downside at the time. but this is now half the price of the review-time prices, and i really would like to have modular.

but, even though i have never owned an OCZ PSU, i get the general feeling they kinda suck. this z series seems to be one of the only shining points in their line-up.

bah..........been a while since i went hardware shopping, now i think i might be making things a little more complicated than they need to be........

zero, why do you say the XFX is better? you list positives for the OCZ but recommend the XFX.
I listed the positives for both units. Why is the XFX better? It has better voltage regulation and ripple suppression. The OCZ is marginally more efficient, but I'd take the better performance over that.

Back