Xilikon & lelliott731 Update

Xil welcome to my world! This will be a pretty challenging part for you! I can suggest a couple of High CFM Grainger fans, and I found a A/C unit with a very high seer that works great!

Actually, I'm considering buying a powerful bathroom exhaust fan (something around 90-100 CFM), put it in the corner at the highest point then make a hole thru the dining room wall with 4" pipe and let it suck the hot air out. At the same time, it will suck fresh air from the living room.

I don't want to buy a portable AC when I already have a ductless heatexchanger powerful enough to cool the whole area. And if I leave the door fully open, it hover around 26-28C top which is ok. I'm also considering moving a boxen to my bedroom and see if temps can stabilize. I knew it's a challenge because at work, there are lots of telecom rooms just as big as my room and they are hot with just 3-5 Cisco switches !

Right now, with the addition of the GTX 260 and some tweaks (including a hammer to threaten unstable boxens), I'm averaging about 36,000 ppd by fahmon just from the home farm + 900 ppd for the PS3. Remain for me to recheck the work borgs tomorrow (I guess a few of them got offline during my 3 weeks vacation) and bring them back in production for hopefully 40k-45k ppd overall.

Right now, I think the goal to pass Tormond is a bit hard to attain unless lelliot731 decide to go crazy and burn the house :p

You never know, I have been known to go insane sometimes, but so far I've held it together for this Folding@Home Project:eek:

Well if Tormond doesn't work out, then we move on to the other goal I talked with you about:D

You never know, I have been known to go insane sometimes, but so far I've held it together for this Folding@Home Project:eek:

Well if Tormond doesn't work out, then we move on to the other goal I talked with you about:D

Welcome to MADNESS :D

Sure, I won't cry because if the challenge made you increase production, that made my goal. Tormond is just a milestone among others ;)

Yup yup, amen brother!!!

FOLD ON!!!

BTW...let me know when you reach 10,000 WU's, the only reason I got it this soon is because of those 98 Point nVidia WU's, now that I have 3 cards, 2 currently offline for some reason, I'll figure it out after the anniversary trip, I'd like to get back to 45k PPD on average, and then hopefully in the next week or so, I'll get my main machine back up with it's GTX280, and we'll just have to wait and see. I'd seriously love to be in the over 50k PPD with my current hardware. Then maybe once some things settle down around the home front, I can start building new equipment, once I have a budget set aside for it:) No more blind spending sprees without knowing exactly what it's doing!

So my PPD has taken a MAJOR beating, I lost power at home & at the office. And I'm not sure why it isn't bouncing back, so depending on if I can get it back to 30-40k PPD, I might be in trouble soon!

So my PPD has taken a MAJOR beating, I lost power at home & at the office. And I'm not sure why it isn't bouncing back, so depending on if I can get it back to 30-40k PPD, I might be in trouble soon!

Don't worry, I'm struggling to get over 30k ppd :( a boxen is throwing a fit with lots of STOP 0x116 problem (crash 2-3 times each day).

You & me both, my main machine is still down, and I haven't found a place to put the GTX280 I bought 3 weeks ago now. And my production is through the floor, and I don't know why. I'm going to have to start cutting out time each day to monitor each of my machines to make sure they are all outputting as close to the max as they can be.

Yeah, you can follow my woes story in http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1325634 :p

At least, I have the balls and some tiny funds to order a replacement part quick, surely tonight when I will find out what component failed (right now, it's either psu or motherboard, with a hunch for the latter).

Right now, I got all my farm stable and back into action. The issue I had with the HTPC box came back when I put back the GTX 260 so I think the PSU isn't enough for it so I removed it and it works fine. Without the video card, it's folding close to 24 hours without a single crash. I also worked to retweak all 3 boxens to make it stable (turned up 2 of them are slighty over the stability threshold so I backed the oc 100 MHz and tightened the memory timings).

I will receive the GTX 260 waterblock (D-Tek Fuzion GPU v2 with UNI-Sink) today then I'll add it on my main PC with a Corsair HX520 which should be enough. That will hopefully put be back into the 40k PPD area because I'm now averaging 33k without the GTX 260. After this, I'll watercool my HTPC and put the 8800GTS 640MB watercooled in it.

Awesome man!!! Still haven't had time to work on anything with that machine. I'm hoping to next week with most of my office out of town. I'd work on it this weekend, but it's my wife's family's family reunion.

I have no idea if I put the apostrophes in the right place there:)

Oh yeah, and next week I'll have time to go over my budget, see how much I'll be able to afford in upgrades. I finally got the raise I've been waiting for at work, so I should start to be able to slowly build my farm!!! Now if only my circuit breaker will handle it all, I might have to break it up between rooms. Just need to figure out how to quiet the ones in the living room & dining room.

Oh, forgot to say that I even pulled a Sunin last evening by tripping the breaker when I plugged a vaccuum cleaner in the living room :eek: damn electrician who thought it's a good idea to put 8 outlets + lights on a single breaker :mad:

Man, that sucks, I wish I had a 220 volt circuit in my home, I'd run it into my office and get one of those badass APC down converters so I could run everything off of a separate circuit.

Anyway, haven't yet done my budget, but I was able to convince my wife I needed two GTX260's:) So I got them and I'm going to get a nice cheap Dual Core Core 2 Duo and get them running, and then next weekend, since the family reunion took up all of this weekend, I'll get my main machine with the GTX280 running!

Oh, you will end up pulling far ahead, I'm kinda topped out (remain to put a card for a extra 4000 ppd then that's all). It sucks my budget is maxed out but I'm still looking for a hot deal on a 8800GT for one of my boxens.

Right now, with the addition of the GTX 260 and some tweaks (including a hammer to threaten unstable boxens), I'm averaging about 36,000 ppd by fahmon just from the home farm + 900 ppd for the PS3. Remain for me to recheck the work borgs tomorrow (I guess a few of them got offline during my 3 weeks vacation) and bring them back in production for hopefully 40k-45k ppd overall.

Right now, I think the goal to pass Tormond is a bit hard to attain unless lelliot731 decide to go crazy and burn the house :p

Do I need to fire up the 8800s now just to be on the safe side? hehe just stopping in to say Hey! Work is killin me and just haven't had the time I used to. Still folding and always will. Looks like the GPU folding has given folks some INSANE point production..All of this in a time where it is 100 degrees outside for me...

LOL, if you do that, it will spice the challenge a lot with us both running in your tail :p

LOL, if you do that, it will spice the challenge a lot with us both running in your tail :p

There are a bunch of good battles going on. I know HighYield is breathing down my neck. Im still trying to figure out how to keep him at bay and not be bannished to the couch.

I know HighYield is breathing down my neck. Im still trying to figure out how to keep him at bay and not be bannished to the couch.

Easy... just sneak over to Casa del HighYield and nonchalantly swipe his outgoing payment to the electric company. When they shut him off he'll be going WTF?? long enough for you to add some distance..... :D

/me hides from HighYield's flogging stick

Hey Tormond!!! Nice to see you're around checkin in on us!!!

No, you don't need to add any equipment, it'll be a while before we get to you with both of us without budgets, and both of us having box issues.

Thanks for your AWESOME contribution to our team!!! 9 million is an incredible effort!!!

BTW Xilikon, still haven't had time to work on that boxen with the GTX280, and now that they've dropped to $500 it irritates me even more. Work keeps making me work insane hours, and my family is chewing up all the rest. Oh well, got to put food on the table and keep the family happy:)

Now, after pondering the whole picture and looking at this, I guess I would incline to your awesomeness because I don't think I could manage to pull 600k points out of my ass and catch you by saturday :eek:

It's a great race full of surprises and I guess me cooking your ass sparked you to boost tremendously from a average of 20k ppd to close to 60k ppd now. I'm happy to lose actually since in the end, science win. We must now battle to avoid the roos smelling our team ass and that take a big collective effort to pull ahead.

You said it best Xilikon, we seriously need to keep the 'roos off of our tail. This below 2 years thing is rediculous. I liked it when it was back at 6 years or whatever it was that one day.

We need to get back to there!!!

For the battle, I just hit the order button on a EVGA 9800GT for the last boxen with a free pci-e slot. That's my last addition for a while but I hope it help a bit ;)

Back