Yate Loon D14SL-12 is not 140x140 ?

faugusztin

2[H]4U
Hi,

i bought a Yate Loon D14SL-12 fan, supposedly 140x140x25mm fan. What was my surprise, when i tried to install it - it didn't fit. Then i measured it, and actually it is 135x135x25mm fan. What is a bigger problem, mounting holes are not 125mm but 120mm away from each other. In other words, drawing at Yate Loon page are not true for my D14SL-12. To be exact, no product at Yate Loon page fits the product i bought.

Is this a faulty product, faulty series, or i just misunderstood something ? The only thing i can blame on is the extra type number - my fan is D14SL-12 (L-S01).

Here are some photos of it :

fanub3.jpg

centerzt5.jpg

sizeld3.jpg

Edit: i googled a little bit, and it looks like fake product. Looks much like FD1325 SERIES fan. 11 blades vs 7 on other Yate Loon pictures, the size, the shiny effect of the backside. Someone probably took this fan (looks very close to 14cm when not measured) and put Yate Loon sticker on it.

Edit2: And here i found probably the source of my fan, but still it is questionable why it is only 135mm instead of 140mm with 120mm holes instead of 125mm holes :
http://www.caseking.de/shop/catalog...ef=115?tduid=044557b8ea0ead903b64df881f1f4172

There is a lot of fake Yate Look fans floating in the market and yours is probably one of them.

If you want genuine ones, look at Petra's shop since they only order directly from the manufacturer (via a reliable middle-men in China).

There is a lot of fake Yate Look fans floating in the market and yours is probably one of them.

If you want genuine ones, look at Petra's shop since they only order directly from the manufacturer (via a reliable middle-men in China).

Well, i wouldn't mind even if it would be fake in one case - if it would be a 140mm fan at all. But this one is 135mm :-(.

Ordering from Californa is not really something i can do - maybe you didn't looked at my profile, but i'm from Slovakia (at center of Europe), so it's really hard to buy $7-$10 fan and then ship it abroad for $30 (USPS) - $70 (UPS).

I think i will simply RMA it.

yeah, i have 3 real D14SL-12's. that's not one of them.
sucks that you're having all that trouble... i got mine from jab-tech at $6 each.

actually.... wait a friggin minute...

WHO THE HELL makes a knock off of a $6 (probably $1 to manufacture) FAN?

http://search.xoxide.com/?query=yate+loon&catalog=xoxide&x=0&y=0

bought 4 or 5 YLs from them. real YLs and work great for the price. also shipped fast, too.

You probably didn't read my previous post :). xoxide.com = "Shipping to USA & Canada". Slovakia is neither of these countries. Nor same continent.

I still can RMA it, that's not the problem. Problem is that there is no other good 14cm fan to replace it (i asked the shop where i ordered this Yate Loon and they were shocked too). In Slovakia we have Aerocools (silver, blue leds), Evercools (green, red), Primecoolers (green, red, blue). That's all, no normal colors like white, black or dammit, even the Noctua brown is better. This was the only better fan in both terms of color and noise.

It looks like i will be forced to hunt down these fans like i did last time with black A.C.Ryan SATA cables, which i was forced to order from Netherlands because that was the closest country having them at all. Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, UV-Reactive - all these are so easy to get, but simple black fans, black cables are soo rare...

Still, no one knows what that "(L-S01)" wants to be ? Is that part of faking or what ?

import, it actually cost me $16.7 without shipping costs (i had no shipping costs because he sent this to me together with one RMA package). We have worse prices and we even get fakes instead of the origianl fans... dammit :D

Back