Yet Another New Lian Li: The PC-B25S

Nighted

Gawd
PC-B25S

PC-B25S-b.jpg

Looks like this chassis is the basis for a few new models, some causing some excitement.

This front bezel to me is
meh40x23.gif

It would look sick without the pointless, silly blue ring. But yes, the chassis is the same was the B25, 8FI, 9F, etc....

I suppose Lian Li is going for sound reduction in this design. I'm looking forward to any future reviews just to see how effective it is.

Never was a fan of any B-series products from Li-Li. I do like the principles they're following with this new "S" version. I'd like to see it applied to more of their chassis.

I really wish I knew how much it was going to be.

I'll send off an email or two and see what I can find out. They've been pretty nice to me so far. EDIT: I've been had...they aren't coughing up all the details.

Last edited:
This chassis was in Lian Li's 2010 catalog and .pdf from back in jan/feb. I'm highly curious to see how it compares noise-wise to the standard b25f and other "silent" cases like Silverstone's ft02 or LL's x500/x2000.

Both my lady and I really dig the blue ring. However I don't like the top panel design w/ it's goofy shape and uncovered I/O ports (those plastic LL port plugs to keep dust out are fugly). I really like that all of the newer b25 variants offer substantial baffling on the front panel to dampen sound leakage while also including the well ventilated front panel slots (like on Antec's p150/18x/193 or the Fractal Design R2). This design has consistently shown it allows the front intakes to move some serious air and not be starved for flow. From what I've seen in forums and reviews of the b25f, that case isn't quite on par with the amazing cooling of the pc-p50, but the b25f is said to be noticeably quieter while still giving off very good thermals. Hopefully the b25s can improve on the dBs w/o hurting the temps.

Edit: hrm, not sure because the 2010 catalog didn't offer as many pics and as much info as these newer LL product pages, but I think they don't include the plastic brackets for routing PSU wiring as seen in many of their newer cases like the pc-k62 etc. It's also interesting how LL have made such a lengthy intake area on the bottom of the case for PSUs; so long that it requires two dust filter covers and extends all the way to the hdd cage, 11.22" long!

So all told, there's not enough PCIe length in the case for a Radeon 5970, but it can house some crazy PSU that needs that much intake area? lol, what mish-mash of engineers and marketing thought that combo up? I'm still very interested in possibly buying the case (or the "regular b25f), but that gaffe is pretty funny.

Last edited:
in the last few years i've had lian li 6070b, v1200b, and an older 'classic lian li' model which i can't remember the model of in addition to a silverstone ft01-bw cases. currently, i have the lian li pc-b25fwb case. i can honestly say the current case is the quietest case i've owned. i must admit i replaced the oem fans with xigmatek fans. the blue ring on the facade looks great, btw.

It would look sick without the pointless, silly blue ring. But yes, the chassis is the same was the B25, 8FI, 9F, etc....

I like Lian Li's blue ring design, it's CONSIDERABLY more muted than just about all lighting accents on other cases out in the market.

The top of the case looks like it could use a lot more toning down though, imo. I wish there were more cases with top ports with an inconspicuous design.

I suppose Lian Li is going for sound reduction in this design. I'm looking forward to any future reviews just to see how effective it is.
Otherwise design is sound but that Akasa/Lian Li/Spire etc. ad nauseam light as air foam in side panels and somewhere else is essentially fraud and any generic bitumen felt/mat/what ever they call it in general stores would be lot better:
far too light, way too thin and has too low a density to meet any of the criteria set above... It is unlikely that applying this product could have any significant impact on the noise of any PC in any case. Anyone with the least bit of understanding of acoustic damping will come to that conclusion in a 30-second examination.
http://www.silentpcreview.com/article71-page1.html

However I don't like the top panel design w/ it's goofy shape and uncovered I/O ports (those plastic LL port plugs to keep dust out are fugly).
I really like that all of the newer b25 variants offer substantial baffling on the front panel to dampen sound leakage while also including the well ventilated front panel slots
I guess those plastic plugs are cheaper than aluminum "hatch" used for covering recessed ports in bigger cases.
Front design is from door of about five years old PC-A71... which is E-ATX full tower and probably won't cost much more than this.

In stock at performancepcs, and the price is reasonable, too. $240 isn't too shabby considering this case revision is new to the market and performancepcs tends to price hike a bit. A few months down the road and this thing will prolly be closer to $220ish or less.

I'm anxious to see some testing of the case from silentpcreview and the few other places that do quality chassis reviews.

I don't know about the price, for a little more one can get the FT02. That being said though, I would love to see a review on this case to see how it does in the noise and heat department.

bump in the hopes someone has had hands-on with this case or seen a review somewhere. My googlefu is coming up dry. Not surprising since the case is still so new.

Found a link at silentpcreview that led to this Greek forum page. The modder tinkered up his own spiffy duct for the rear of an CM ATCS 840. Very similar to what Lian Li has done with the b25s.

It would look stupid without the blue ring.

FTFY :D
I like the blue ring. Otherwise it's just a standard run of the mill LL case, "nothing special to see here, move along". ;)

LL seems to be migrating to a "add angles where possible" phase, what's up with that? I don't get it. :confused: The top is ugly, the old B25 had a better external IMHO other than the concave side panels that looked out of place.

I unplugged the led for the blue ring... problem solved...

also the window version of the B series comes with the interior all anodized black... it really tones down the brightness of any led in the case.

Back