your HSFexperience with i7?

DarkDonut

Limp Gawd
I read through some of the threads on here and haven't really seen people specifically mention what kind of HSF they were using to cool their i7s. What are you guys using and how has it been so far?

Also, where's the best place to purchase? Newegg doesn't really have too many of the better HSFs i've seen mentioned.

anyway, this isn't really a whats the best of the best HSF, more of me asking what you guys are using and how well it has worked for you.

I'm using the TRUE. Bought it off FrozenCPU.com for a fair price. Keeps my i7 @ 3.8 to around 60-65C during gaming which is perfect.

For overclocking, either a Thermalright Ultra 120 extreme with 1366 mount and a Scythe S-flex fan ("e" version for quiteness) or, for almost the same performance but less money, the Scythe Mugen 2 with the included Fan.

For overclocking, either a Thermalright Ultra 120 extreme with 1366 mount and a Scythe S-flex fan ("e" version for quiteness) or, for almost the same performance but less money, the Scythe Mugen 2 with the included Fan.

Just a note, the Scythe Mugen 2's model # is SCMG-2000 and is on newegg (search the model #, not the name, to get it on newegg) with an ETA of 03/24/2009... I'm planning on ordering one myself :).

i think im leaning more and more towards a mugen 2, especially if newegg is going to start carrying it at that price!

cooler master V8 has treated my very well, easily reached 3.8 with no problems and should be able to do 4.0+ with better case cooling

The Noctua in my sig is an excellent i7 HSF. Very quite, cools great, easy to install.

I did just get my new rig and the noctua 1366 SE is really working wonders. Just started playing around with all the voltages and started at 1.35v (CPU-Z) and 3.6 Ghz and at full load I got about 80 degrees celcius (Coolermaster ATCS and roomtemp at about 25 degrees celcius).

This is with 1100 rpm btw :)

I use water.

But the best place I've seen for i7 coolers is Performance-PCs:D

Back