Zune Battery Indicator

forrehmmnd

[H]ard|Gawd
So i got a new zune 120gb for xmas, and i love it, but theres a slight problem.

The battery indicator isnt accurate at all. the indicator will show about a third or a little more of the battery used and then a few minutes later it shuts off with the flashing no battery indicator. Is there anyway to fix this so i can accurately judge the battery level, or should i just go back to my 30 gb ?

Did you fully charge the system before using it 1st time ?

I have heard that not doing this has caused problems in the past with batteries.

I would give it a couple of full charges and see what happens before returning/switching anything

I don't think I've seen any battery indicator on a portable device that was remotely accurate. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. You shouldn't need to be concerned anyway, since the battery is good for a long time once fully-charged.

Yeah, I fully charged it.

And I dont get a good amount of use before it dies, i get maybe a total of 2.5 hours. My old 30gb's indicator was fine and was usually right, but the battery life of that zune was awful.

2.5 hours doing what? Even watching video, I've been able to use it for over 4 hours without killing the battery. For normal music playing, using it for ~6 hours in one day didn't even make a significant dent in my battery life. If you're seriously only getting 2.5 hours out of it, then your battery is probably faulty.

You should definitely get more out of the battery on a single charge. Like Zero82z said, your battery could be faulty. Or the player itself. My Zune has never had an issue where the battery life indicator still seemed pretty high, but then suddenly it shut off, saying the battery was dead.

its just 2.5 hours of playing music. im probably going to send it in while i still have a warrenty

Yeah, you should definitely send it in. 2.5 hours for music playing is ridiculous; I probably get ten times that much out of mine if not more.

do you guys recharge your zunes daily regardless of how much you use it? I suppose with it being a modern device, repeat recharges when the device is at 80% isn't any big deal.

I have read on a number of sites that the 120 has had some battery problems, I would return it. They are a little expensive not work properly..

Back